Manifesting from Pure Awareness

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
zeus

Re: Manifesting from Pure Awareness

Post by zeus » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:32 am

Hey everyone,

I have been working really hard on awakening lately. When I was unconscious I would try to manifest things with intense passion and visualization. The desires were driven from a place of ego. I would try to manifest concerts for me to play in. Eventually, my visualizations happened 7 times over the course of 9 years. It's also worth noting that I did relatively little to make any of these concerts happen; they just swooped in and put me exactly where I needed to be. Anyway, fast forward to the past few weeks. From a place of consciousness, I am able to manifest many things. It's really great. I still am unconscious most of the time, but sometimes I can become aware and make my desires known to Source. And so far, they've been happening like crazy. So, to offer my opinion on the subject, based off of very recent events, manifesting from awareness is MUCH more powerful than doing so unconsciously. It's been a great couple of weeks :)

zeus

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Welcome back, zeus. Sounds like your life has improved since your August post!

There are lengthy threads on "The Secret" here. Many people have had some success with that model of "The Law of Attraction." It seems to work, regardless of your level of awakening. And that is neither good nor bad.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:16 am

I know many are enthralled with The Secret, and I'm sure my opinion is not popular; nevertheless, I'll say that I find the LOA as presented by The Secret rather narcissistic and egotistical. Fifty million children are starving and they intend food with much more dedication than the rest of us can intend the perfect partner or winning the lottery. The universe will ignore the starving and somehow use all its might to fulfill the rest of our desires?

Of course this is a mind-opinion.

On the hand, there is something to intention-manifestation, but it isn't the crassness of The Secret. Patanjali mentioned it in the Yoga Sutra 2000 years ago and Jesus had similar words. It's difficult to hold an uncluttered intention in the mind. I figure if I want to give I-M an honest shot, I'll wait till my mind is completely clear.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:25 pm

Karmarider wrote:nevertheless, I'll say that I find the LOA as presented by The Secret rather narcissistic and egotistical.
Well said, Karmarider!

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Glycine wrote:...Well said, Karmarider!
Whew! glad to see that not everyone has joined the LOA party!

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 pm

karmarider wrote:
Glycine wrote:...Well said, Karmarider!
Whew! glad to see that not everyone has joined the LOA party!
The essence of The Law of Attraction seems to be beyond the understanding of mind. In other words, we can only describe the manifestations of this Law, but can not transmit the essence of this Law with logic and reason.

Nevertheless, the descriptions of manifestations demonstrate the essence understanding of the describers. Ego manifested individuals can not help self-serving intention in their descriptions.

From non-duality perspective, Intention and the intended are one and the same in essence if such essence exists. If there is no manifesting validity to the intended, one will be sourly disappointed. For example from linear time perspective, one may intend to experience complete awakening in this life, but the karma merits deem that the manifestation of such experience in this life time is not possible. Incidentally, the intention to awake may manifest many lives after in the linear time scale. To Now, time exists not; therefore, intention to awake and the awakening are one and the same. Karma, which operates on linear time scale only, gives the perceptive experiences as if delayed.

Also, the Law of Free Choice appears to take precedence over the Law of Attraction. One may have the intention to be loved by one's object of affection, but the object may choose not to respond.

Perhaps, the Big Secret is the Law of Free Choice :shock: One may drop the intention to awake after many disappointing delays due to ego's will to survive :twisted:

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Tony-S-Ma wrote: From non-duality perspective, Intention and the intended are one and the same in essence if such essence exists. If there is no manifesting validity to the intended, one will be sourly disappointed. For example from linear time perspective, one may intend to experience complete awakening in this life, but the karma merits deem that the manifestation of such experience in this life time is not possible.:
Tony, you have your beliefs and I'm not knocking them. I have mine too, and I voice them, on karma, samskara, and so on. Beliefs give structure to intellect. To intellect--not to intelligence or experience. Reincarnation, LOA, intention and intentioned being one, linear or spiral time, and so on, are just beliefs. For a long time in western history, people believed in a flat earth, and defended the belief with murder and menace. Beliefs are frequently other people's words. The mind loves to chew on them. In the end, all beliefs are undecidable. Even science makes an assumption of an objective reality; mathematics is always based on axioms. There is awareness, and all experience is always in Now--beyond that, what can we truly know? It turns out, this is enough.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:01 am

karmarider wrote:
Tony-S-Ma wrote: From non-duality perspective, Intention and the intended are one and the same in essence if such essence exists. If there is no manifesting validity to the intended, one will be sourly disappointed. For example from linear time perspective, one may intend to experience complete awakening in this life, but the karma merits deem that the manifestation of such experience in this life time is not possible.:
Tony, you have your beliefs and I'm not knocking them. I have mine too, and I voice them, on karma, samskara, and so on. Beliefs give structure to intellect. To intellect--not to intelligence or experience. Reincarnation, LOA, intention and intentioned being one, linear or spiral time, and so on, are just beliefs. For a long time in western history, people believed in a flat earth, and defended the belief with murder and menace. Beliefs are frequently other people's words. The mind loves to chew on them. In the end, all beliefs are undecidable. Even science makes an assumption of an objective reality; mathematics is always based on axioms. There is awareness, and all experience is always in Now--beyond that, what can we truly know? It turns out, this is enough.
It can not be denied that beliefs are contents of Existence. One seems to need to experience them in order to have a different grasp on Now. It is recognized that one does not need to develop intellect/reason/logic in order to experience Now, or to experience Enlightenment. However, those who are awaken from intellect/reason/logic to Now contribute differently to the Experience of All That Is.

Now embraces All.

It should also be mentioned that different beliefs reflect different degree of Awareness. For example those who believe the Earth is round is more aware than those who believe It is flat as far as knowledge is concerned. Not all beliefs have the same value on the path to Enlightenment.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Tony-S-Ma wrote:...Not all beliefs have the same value on the path to Enlightenment...
In my experience, beliefs have no value in Awareness, and they can be an obstacle. The whole thing does start with a belief: we believe that there is such a thing as awakening and we chase it. And we then believe all sorts of things about how the mind works and acceptance and meditation and spirituality. Adn then, the giving up of beliefs, or seeing through them, seems to be necessary for further evolution.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:12 am

karmarider wrote:
Tony-S-Ma wrote:...Not all beliefs have the same value on the path to Enlightenment...
In my experience, beliefs have no value in Awareness, and they can be an obstacle. The whole thing does start with a belief: we believe that there is such a thing as awakening and we chase it. And we then believe all sorts of things about how the mind works and acceptance and meditation and spirituality. Adn then, the giving up of beliefs, or seeing through them, seems to be necessary for further evolution.
Beliefs are contents of Awareness. Partial Enlightenment is the ability to tell which beliefs are closer to the essence. From the story of Buddha, he was fully enlightened after he had seemed to know/believe/intuit there is an Ultimate Truth and pursuit It by giving up everything else.

Awakening does not seem to be a belief. Our mind accepts It as a belief because mind can only work with instinct/logic/reason which requires a starting position (axiom, belief or whatever we call it). This starting point has to be existential in Awareness. When mind recognizes this - its fatal weakness, it has the chance to surrender.