What do you see?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Sighclone

Re: What do you see?

Post by Sighclone » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:01 am

Having just gotten all huffy about dropping a brick on my foot and how real the pain was, may I direct you all to a fascinating near-death-experience by one of my friends, Nanci Danison. Here is a somewhat long but utterly remarkable summary of her experience. She quotes Tolle in her book and is a nondualist.

http://www.nderf.org/nanci_d_nde.htm

This suggests that everything we experience occurs in the mind of Being. And that that "mind" is composed of all of us...but we are not people.

My point about the brick is that to enable the full Self-realization of Source, we should not create exotic denial theories, but rather exult in the temporal, while keeping our full consciousness alert.

I enjoy rebuilding cars and hay balers. Particularly hay balers - pure Newtonian physics, offering an immensely, instantaneously present experience of the manifest wonders of maya!!!

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Juniper22

Post by Juniper22 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:14 pm

http://www.nderf.org/nanci_d_nde.htm - Nice article Andy.

In relation to the brick hitting your foot, causing pain and being real. The pain is only real for you - the same thing could happen someone else and they`ll feel no pain (believe it or not).
Sighclone wrote - My point about the brick is that to enable the full Self-realization of Source, we should not create exotic denial theories.

I`m not denying what may or may not be real for you (or anyone else)... What`s there is what`s there. However you aren`t experiencing for anybody else, so projecting what`s "more obvious" to you onto others is creating yet another box.
"Don`t think of goodness; don`t think of evil; at this instant, what is your original face?" Hui Neng

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Juniper22 -

I do not deny siddhi's at all. I've experienced them. Most of my posts are directed towards readers who have had few or no metaphysical experiences. But, of course, siddhi's are distractions no less intoxicating than drugs.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce