The man made light.

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
void

The man made light.

Post by void » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:28 pm

I was in work on thursday... when a bird of prey flew into the building... a kestrel to be precise... dont know if people in other countries know what a kestrel is, but its like a falcon, or hawk, just a little smaller, and it hunts mice, rats, etc. Anyway , it came in and kept flying upto the lights at the top of the warehouse, thinking that it could get out.... i watched this happening all day and could also see that the doorway to the warehouse ,, which is about20 ft x20ft was wide open with daylight flooding in....nevertheless this magnificent looking bird kept flying towards the man made light and bumping into the ceiling... nobody could get it out, and we didnt want to scare it too much. We all went home and it was still there the next day, flying upto thelights, to no avail.....when i left work yesterday it still hadnt escaped and animal welfare had been called... my point is that when you are looking for freedom.or a way out, the man made light, or the things man invents are not the way.... they just trap you and you tire yourself out.... the real light is there all the time... just like at work. The door is wide open, daylight is pouring through , and the poor bird is flapping against the spotlights....The bird can be excused,, some may say its dumb animal,, not very wise, but we humans, who are so called intelligent are flapping constantly against the man made lights, and methods, and systems trying to find our way. Determination isnt always the best way.... seeing clearly must come before all the flapping about, otherwise we are likely to be trapped for a long time.......I will update you as to what happened with the bird on monday... just hope it sees THE light.
j.gibirdi

kiki

Re: The man made light.

Post by kiki » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Nice analogy, void. Hope the bird finds its freedom soon.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:21 pm

True help is always near in case of sincere Light-seeking or Freedom-wishing. Enlightenment is radically subjective.

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 pm

It might be compassionate to simply turn off the lights for a short time......?
Peace

void

Post by void » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:31 am

I hope the bird gets out too... we did turn the lights off for a while to see if it made a difference but the bird just didnt realise...i did stand quietly for a moment and try to tune in silently with the bird and send it some nice thoughts, and love...but i havent quite got the hang of bird communication yet,,, but will keep trying!.
j.gibirdi