freedom of speech?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
void

freedom of speech?

Post by void » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 pm

I just read someones reply to a post i put up sometime,called" are we inviting terrorist attacks" ? and feel the need to say something. This person says im seekng validation for my point,,, which is not true, as what i said is a fact... and also this person said i shouldnt be talking about this kind of thing on this site!
Ive browsed a few "spiritual sites" and must say that most of them have this problem, of dont say this , dont say that,dont argue, dont challenge anyone, just keep saying "yes" "yes" "yes" all the time.! What utter nonsense! I dont conssider myself a politician, but my eyes are open to what is going on in the world.
Isnt this why we have free speech? As far as im concerned my whole life is "the spiritual llife", not just when i come on this site to write things..... i should think that as long as you are not being abusive to others on this site then you should be able to say what you want to!... others can ignore it, or challenge it.... im not so big headed that i think im always right, and can take criticism, or questons off people, but whats the point in talking about freedom, growth, realisation, clarity, truth, if somebody is going to censor what i or anybody else i saying....some things i write may divide people, some things you write may do too, .. so wht do we do? never say anything? i dont think so! From what is written about jesus, he challenged the system, look at socrates, he was accused of corrupting the youth and denying he gods , or inventing new ones...i write what i do in the moment as it comes to me, this site is based around a teaching thats all about the moment and living in it... and if i cant write what comes to me in the moment here, then where can i ? Im not having a go at anyone here, just saying that we should all be allowed to discuss anything we want to....without censorship.
j.gibirdi

Tony-S-Ma

Re: freedom of speech?

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Is freedom of speech an ideal?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Sorry void, but it ain't gonna happen. This site has nothing to do with free speech. There are rules that must be followed for any member who wishes to post here. If you want to discuss politics and express your views on the world as you see it, feel free to do so some where else. There are thousands of sites in the blogosphere to do just that.

This is an exclusive community as it relates to the topics of discussion. Call it an oasis in a desert of egoism. Our focus is on awakening consciousness. While the politics of social engineering, economics, global warming, and terrorism are worthy subjects of discussion, their potential for distraction from the primary purpose of this forum is too great.

Stay on topic. We'll all be glad you did.

WW

eputkonen

Post by eputkonen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I would agree with Webwanderer...this is a forum with a specific segment of topics, this is not an open forum to discuss anything. You must keep the audience in mind...we are here because awakening, consciousness, Eckhart Tolle, etc, etc. interests us and we talk about it here. The audience is not here to hear about "are we inviting terrorist attacks" - which have no connection with awakening, consciousness, Eckhart Tolle, etc, etc.

There are other places to discuss such things, but this is not the place.

(I bet "Cooking Magazine" or "Running Magazine" would not post an article called "Are We Inviting Terrorist Attacks". It has nothing to do with freedom of speech, but audience. Cooks and runners are looking for articles about cooking and running in their magazine...not about "Are We Inviting Terrorist Attacks." You could not claim they are obstructing freedom of speech by not allowing your post/article either.)
Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
https://www.youtube.com/EricPutkonen

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:22 pm

Echoing both eputkonen and WW, I also emphasize that this site is not about freedom, it is about focus. That said, a wide range of comments and attitudes are tolerated and encouraged so long as they are civil and remain on topic. Terrorists or any other strong political faction represent a 'group egoic' identity and are very unlikely to contribute to awakening for anyone.

Moreover, sloppy grammar, punctuation and usage are reasons for banning. Please try to clean up your posts.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

void

Post by void » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:14 pm

how can youhave focus without freedom? how can yousee out of a windw thats being covered up. As i said , to me the whole of life is the spiritual life,....and life is a whole, it contains freedom, politics, religion, everything! im no politician, but if i see a subject and want to talk about it then i should be free to do do... your focus, and everything else demands some freedom, otherwise you cant do it. A little surprised no one backed me up on this, ...the site says" a discussion community revolving around eckhart tolle but not limited to him" so how can anyone stop me? you could say its my ego saying all this and wanting to be right... but whos ego is sayingi cant do this?.... i dont seperat religion, politics, spirituality,etc...its all part of life as i see it.... but hey... ive been told...so i guess i better behave.
j.gibirdi

void

Post by void » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 pm

dear andy... you say tat terrorists , and political factions represent group egoic identity... but you are part of this grup arent you? you sound like you are parroting someone else... youve become a robot mouthing the politicallycorrect dross of others,.
j.gibirdi

sevenworlds

Post by sevenworlds » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:47 pm

void, I see a lot in what you are saying. The thing is, there are rules on this forum. Maybe I don't agree with them either but to function sanely in this world (which has rules everywhere you go), they have to be acknowledged. It depends on how much this forum or your idea of freedom matters to you. Your idea of freedom could be itself blocking freedom. The reality is you have these choices - keep saying what you are saying and accept whatever consequences come your way, adapt what you're saying or if you can't do that then move on. I cannot edit my words to fit this forum but so far I've been told I've not crossed any lines yet. That might change and if I ever get kicked off here it really doesn't matter. Whether I'm here or not is not my concern cos if I'm not here I'll be somewhere else.
eputkonen wrote:The audience is not here to hear about "are we inviting terrorist attacks" - which have no connection with awakening, consciousness, Eckhart Tolle, etc, etc.
and
Sigh clone wrote:Terrorists or any other strong political faction represent a 'group egoic' identity and are very unlikely to contribute to awakening for anyone.
I have to say these are both misleading statements, creating a sort of hierarchy of topics for awakening. It's all just information. There is as much chance of someone awakening through one discussion on terrorism as endless posts about Eckhart. Interests are in the realm of the known. You can't be interested in awakening because you don't know what awakening is. You can only be interested in your ideas about awakening. In that sense, there is nothing wrong with this site stating clearly it is a place to discuss ideas about Tolle and 'spirituality'. It should be remembered though, that the box called 'spirituality' is just a box like 'politics' and actually has nothing to do with awakening.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm

"Everything is the same, equal, or alike; therefore, it is a free for all." Really?