A Message From Shore to Ship

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Tau_Neutrino

Re: A Message From Shore to Ship

Post by Tau_Neutrino » Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm

There appears to be some confusion by the author here. Was this original subject written by the enlightened one that pines for his ego, or the ego one who pines for enlightenment?

Young man, are you afraid to plumb the depths of the ocean? Perhaps you thought this was about learning how to swim. When actually it's about learning to sink. In that case, perhaps it is best for now that you stay on terra firma.

On the bright side you have your whole life ahead of you to learn to let go and accept what you truly are. Meanwhile there is no shame in developing a healthy ego, and enjoying life to the best of your capacity.

T.N.

jugu

Post by jugu » Wed May 06, 2009 2:50 am

Sighclone wrote:Interesting perspective, jugu. Maybe the ego needs to be the boss until we are about 30
Yes, even better, until 40. I suggest that an age limit should be put on this site haha. But yeah, your age has a huge factor in how much you enjoy this enlightenment thing. I can go into detail about this later.

jugu

Post by jugu » Wed May 06, 2009 2:50 am

mistral wrote:You are the world you walk through. Inside always reflects the outside. Find the Inner Child, The Light within You and look out and see the Light Everywhere you Are.
Nice attitude Mistral, keep it up. I'm afraid this lights gone out though.

jugu

Post by jugu » Wed May 06, 2009 3:00 am

Sighclone wrote:If you sat down with an enlightened master for a week, and left realizing you were not enlightened, would not that be a great moment for you...then you could believe that some magical moment was still out there - and that whatever you have now is short of the mark.
I only wish such a state and such a man existed. You don't even know how much I'd like for this not to be the real thing... but theres no such thing as an "enlightened master". Such a man only fools himself and fools others. You can't master this, you get owned by it. It squeezes the life out of you. It brings you to your knees. That may surprise you, and it sure surprised me, but looking back at my life it really makes sense. I can't think of any reason someone would lie about this kind of stuff.

jugu

Post by jugu » Wed May 06, 2009 3:22 am

Tau_Neutrino wrote:There appears to be some confusion by the author here.
No, the author's not confused. Maybe you're confused?
Tau_Neutrino wrote:are you afraid to plumb the depths of the ocean?
What I'm talking about here isn't so definitive
Tau_Neutrino wrote:Perhaps you thought this was about learning how to swim.
You're right. I THOUGHT it was about swimming, about doing things a better way, about thriving.
Tau_Neutrino wrote:When actually it's about learning to sink.
You're right again. This is totally about learning how to sink, filling your lungs with water and sinking to the bottom, not knowing where you'll lay. Giving up completely. Kaput, finished, no more. Good point.
Tau_Neutrino wrote:In that case, perhaps it is best for now that you stay on terra firma.
Too late, I'm drowning dude. Did you read the original post yet? Have you even left the beach or are you still getting the kids ready back in the hotel room?
Tau_Neutrino wrote:Meanwhile there is no shame in developing a healthy ego, and enjoying life to the best of your capacity.
Man... Tau... it's too late. I lack the basic ego to start a rebuild. Even Eckhart says that you can't get back ego. It's just gone. I'm at the level of a nursing baby when it comes to attachments. That's not cool either. Life needs direction, strong wants build a person, an ego. I have none. Well I do have some wants but they're way to unrealistic. I wish I could go back in time and avoid the PON, but that's just not possible. Thanks for the post dude, it was fun. Really.

anne

Post by anne » Wed May 06, 2009 5:09 am

Hello Jugu,

I don't really get it. I read in your posts a lot of grief and anger and I can understand that you feel ripped off by those you saw as promising you bliss and peace and freedom. I get that much.
Yet you seem to consider yourself to be enlightened. How do you know that you are? You certainly experience a lot of emotions as they come through your words, the grief, anger and strong intent to warn others. Where is the peace that many would consider the hallmark of enlightenment?

You may very well be in a transitional phase. Why do you see it as so final and determined? I really do get the suffering you experience and I have compassion for you. I also see how you are adding to this by holding such rigid positions.

You take the position of 'warning' others, yet how can you possibly know that what is happening for you will be the experience of others? Many people have found so much peace and joy. Their experience is so very unlike yours.

I wish you well Jugu, most of all I wish you Life.

anne

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Wed May 06, 2009 5:38 am

I watched an Adya video the other night when he discussed this "existentialism" that people can experience when the ego is found out. Why chase after anything if you know it's not going to satisfy? I can relate, especially since I was prone to depression even before I started on this journey of self-discovery. What to do when it seems like there's nothing to do? Where's the juice?

Tau_Neutrino

Post by Tau_Neutrino » Wed May 06, 2009 6:23 am

You sound stuck Jugo. I think the only thing that will help you is reality. You need to be completely honest with yourself about what is happening, otherwise you may continue to flounder (pun intended :wink: ).
Nearly all human problems and suffering boil down to self-deception. Get straight with your self.

T.N.

Robbrent

Post by Robbrent » Wed May 06, 2009 7:34 pm

To be honest since I started this I never seem to want to even debate anything, you should have seen me before I was a black was white kind of guy but now I am just content to let people be as they are and hold what opinions they want, it's the truth to them.

I used to have a compulsive need to be right and make the other person wrong, they were not happy days for me, especially as I would carry it over in my thinking

So it's the truth for the thread starter, he is what he is

goman87

Post by goman87 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm

jugu wrote:
Tau_Neutrino wrote:Meanwhile there is no shame in developing a healthy ego, and enjoying life to the best of your capacity.
Man... Tau... it's too late. I lack the basic ego to start a rebuild. Even Eckhart says that you can't get back ego. It's just gone. I'm at the level of a nursing baby when it comes to attachments. That's not cool either. Life needs direction, strong wants build a person, an ego. I have none. Well I do have some wants but they're way to unrealistic. I wish I could go back in time and avoid the PON, but that's just not possible. Thanks for the post dude, it was fun. Really.

Hey jugu. When we want the ego back we're wanting back what we willingly left behind. That's not you trying to get back. Good to hear about your attachments aswell. Ego isn't really strong - ego has ways of fearing and running from it's problems. Not fun haha
Let go of what you had. :D

jugu

Post by jugu » Thu May 07, 2009 2:56 am

Marcel Franke wrote:Please forgive me, but I do not understand.
That is, I do not understand what the exact problem is.
Can you explain what is the central problem, or the biggest,
in your eyes, in your experience ?
The problem Marcel, is that enlightenment is an existential nightmare!

jugu

Post by jugu » Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 am

anne wrote:Hello Jugu,
anne wrote:How do you know that you are? You certainly experience a lot of emotions as they come through your words, the grief, anger and strong intent to warn others. Where is the peace that many would consider the hallmark of enlightenment?
First off, I know that I am enlightened because I've been nothing but honest to myself. I'm the most honest person I know lol, and it's brought me nothing but trouble. I am honest enough to say "yes, this is it, it's not going to get any better than this". That's all it takes really. Second, the anger and grief you see is because those so called hallmarks of enlightenment are only transitory. I felt them, but they were fleeting... They are only a product of ego burnout... ego's swan song. I still have "peace" but peace is only worthwhile in the context of duality. You need, say 30 years of ego living, to truly enjoy peace. Peace dosn't exist in the absence of conflict.
anne wrote:You may very well be in a transitional phase. Why do you see it as so final and determined?
I'm so determined because there is no other state in sight. This can't be a passing wave, that's just not right. I have a very bleak future... bottom line.
anne wrote:Many people have found so much peace and joy. Their experience is so very unlike yours.
I know this, and I know why. I gotta start another thread about this though, it's a whole new can of worms.
anne wrote:I wish you well Jugu, most of all I wish you Life.
Thankyou, much appreciated.

jugu

Post by jugu » Thu May 07, 2009 3:18 am

weopposedeception wrote:What to do when it seems like there's nothing to do? Where's the juice?
Thats the big question dude, what to do? Where is the motherflippin' juice?

jugu

Post by jugu » Thu May 07, 2009 3:20 am

Robbrent wrote:I am just content to let people be as they are and hold what opinions they want, it's the truth to them.
Everyone's right? So there is no truth then? No ultimate reality? Too bad...

jugu

Post by jugu » Thu May 07, 2009 3:25 am

Tau_Neutrino wrote:You sound stuck Jugo.
I'm not stuck on anything, nothing at all. I don't hold any beliefs really. Or at least, the beliefs I have don't really affect me as they do you. So no, I'm not stuck.
Tau_Neutrino wrote:I think the only thing that will help you is reality. You need to be completely honest with yourself about what is happening
Oh yeah! I don't have to lie to myself anymore.Everything is fine! Life is peace and unconditional love! So fine and dandy! Oh, how did I ever confuse myself?

Gimme a break.