Burnt Out

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Tony-S-Ma

Burnt Out

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Thu May 14, 2009 11:16 pm

In the academic, artistic, athletic, scientific communities, burnt out is a well known phenomenon. I throw this here partly due to sevenworlds warning me of being BURNT. What drives those who are able to recover from burnt out? What make so many quite to be interested in the highly competitive/stressful environment after burnt out? Are these high pressure environments helpful to awakening? Does anybody here have direct experience? I have heard stories of people quitting from very successful business and family life, and becoming Buddhist monks in Chinese culture.

I know each has a unique path; however, I am just curious.

lucy

Re: Burnt Out

Post by lucy » Fri May 15, 2009 1:43 am

Tony, just out of curiousity, do you work? All this posting requires lots of time and energy. Perhaps it may be healthy for you to get out more.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 am

I have seen people quitting their jobs to become Christian monks. As far as I know, none of them returned back to society ....

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Fri May 15, 2009 11:09 am

lucy wrote:Tony, just out of curiousity, do you work? All this posting requires lots of time and energy. Perhaps it may be healthy for you to get out more.
I work as a warehouse man from 4:00pm to 12:45 am five days a week. I have been in the save company for over fifteen years. It does not take much time and energy for me. My work is labour intensive. The posting here is more of mental exercises. Besides, I live by myself and am a good nap taker.

lucy

Post by lucy » Fri May 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Tony-S-Ma wrote:I work as a warehouse man from 4:00pm to 12:45 am five days a week. I have been in the save company for over fifteen years. It does not take much time and energy for me. My work is labour intensive. The posting here is more of mental exercises. Besides, I live by myself and am a good nap taker.
It's none of my business really, I only ask because I think that these boards can have an addictive quality to them and can have the tendency to replace much needed social contact. :D

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Fri May 15, 2009 5:25 pm

I love to experiment with my life. When I am interested in a particular activity, I tend to binge for a while and then move on to something else. Right now, I am binging on posting at this forum.

johny

Post by johny » Mon May 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Tony-S-Ma wrote:I love to experiment with my life. When I am interested in a particular activity, I tend to binge for a while and then move on to something else. Right now, I am binging on posting at this forum.
Lol. Man, you made my day. That's quite true with myself.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.