Isn't Enlightenment Really Just a Brain Trick?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
johny

Re: Isn't Enlightenment Really Just a Brain Trick?

Post by johny » Fri May 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Well this guy seems to have a good collection of near death/out of body experiences:
http://www.youtube.com/user/billsvideos123

Omigod, this is must watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOVawdK06HY
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri May 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Nanci Danison's remarkable book "Backwards: Returning to Our Source of Answers" discusses her very deep near-death-experience in great detail - it's available at her website backwardsbooks.com. She's read ET and references him. She writes well in spite of being a lawyer :wink: .

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Fri May 22, 2009 10:35 pm

Thank you for your suggestions, James. You have a lot of interesting approaches and experiences.
Keeping a log of dreams could be useful, but not for me. I dream very little and even if I dream, I forget everything very quickly. I guess this shows how different people can be. Regarding the topic of this thread, it seems that the brain can awake in some ways - it can start operating with a new set of liberating ideas. Maybe this is the awakened ego.

Currently, I am more interested in the deep dreamless sleep. If we are beyond our brain, that state should reveal how we are without interference from mind. But I also realize very clearly that "searching" keeps us identified with "stuff" and prevents "liberation." Curiosity ....

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Sat May 30, 2009 4:08 pm

James wrote:You might want to check out the noted analyst, Carl Jung's writings, he delves a lot into the collective unconscious, dreams and symbols in the human psyche. You needn't believe his theories, but his work for me was fascinating, and began to open my consideration to other possibilities. Find out for yourself through direct direct experience.
Jung's writings are indeed captivating. He warned us that we rely to much on thinking.
Thank you for this suggestion, James.

mistral

Post by mistral » Sat May 30, 2009 5:59 pm

I think we are forgetting something here. “We” are not the body. “We” are This Awareness that is aware of this body. This one I call 'me', and those ‘out there’ called ‘others’are really each and all within This Awareness that is our Real Identity. The Self-I-am is This I Awareness I am and It ‘belongs to Godhead’. There is no other 'real' possessor of This Divine Mind that reads these words and writes the words. Awareness is free from ownership. This Awareness is Unattached to any 'thing'; all 'things seen and heard and thought about are within IT---even 'mind tricks' can only be seen, felt, heard, understood or mis-understood Here within Awareness. Awareness comes first and 'we' have nothing to do with Its Living Presence. "we' do not think; Awareness is thinking itself, 'we' are incapable of 'thinking' or 'creating' or manufacturing Awareness, because all manufacturing and thinking, tricks and all, is 'happeing' within and Because of This Awareness. This Awareness is not made of ‘matter’m it beyond or the 'creator of' this time-space experience. The sense of matter and time is because of It. Godhead, The Ineffable All, is that 99.9999% Unseen, Unknowable, Untouchable ‘rest of the stuff’ that quantum physics is now exploring via the wave lengths or images It ‘leaves behind’(this matter time world). This world of matter is like the 'wave' after the Ship so to speak. We are The Ship, not the waves, images within It. This Unseen Ineffable Godhead ‘stuff’ The Living Power and Light ( I call God) That is is beingthis simple, gentle Fact that All is all, there is not anything besides This. Always. Whether we know it or not, see it or not, get or not, no matter what, all that 'seeing or not getting or not' is within This Awareness which My Real Identity.

The consciousness that is reading these words and writing these words is like the elephant in the room that no one is noticing. This consciousness is the confirmation of The Living that God is and This Living That God is clearly Here and Now already being all in all; Our Real Identity is That/This--- not this body form that we believe holds awareness inside of it. This bag of bones and blubber does not contain awareness; it is forever within This Awareness that is Being all bodies, dead and alive. When something happens to the form, it does not and cannot happen to Awareness. All happenings happen within This Awareness I am.

Mistral

johny

Post by johny » Sat May 30, 2009 8:35 pm

@above
Too much mind stuff. Can you not explain it in simpler words and fewer lines?
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Sat May 30, 2009 10:04 pm

There is Pure Awareness.
I am That.
All else is a passing experience - fleeting and changeable.

Peace
Peace

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Sat May 30, 2009 10:11 pm

What if all passing experience - fleeting and changeable - is awareness as well?

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Sat May 30, 2009 10:17 pm

All passing experience arises within the still, silent "surround" of Pure Awareness.
All is One.
Peace

mistral

Post by mistral » Sat May 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Everyone else here did an excellent job of simplifying. obviously :roll: That is not my forte. I sure appreciate those who have that talent to simplify words.
Glycine wrote:What if all passing experience - fleeting and changeable - is awareness as well?
It can't be, it is impossible; Awareness is not made of 'time space' matter. It is not 'made of' anything; Awareness is the First Cause and Uncaused Presence It is Principle, It is Value, It is the One and Only Real there is. It is being all experience. There is no experience at all without this Unseen LIght, Information, Presence that exists untouched, immtuable, omnipresent, omniscient. Experience is 'happening' by way of the images within It. Awareness is Immutabale, LImitless, Unbound, Uncreated Presence. It is not found 'in the brain. All 'brains', dead and alive , are experinced withIn Awareness. Remember; Your True Identity is This Awareness, expressing as a
blip in time 'me sense'---when the blip in time is over, YOU will still be This Awareness, perhaps expressing in some other way--- I know not the details, but I know Awareness is Real.

I'd just say it again in another way: All objects of perception are neither real nor unreal; they are nothing in themselves, it matters not much if they playing tricks of enlightenment or not. Anything we do, is being done right here in and as Awareness. Awareness is The Untouchable Supernal Allness, It is The One and Only Divine Intelligence and it knows what It is. Awareness is already being The Light, It needs no Enlightenment.

Awareness has nothing to do with brains. An analogy might help; Think of Life (God and God's Awareness) as the TV set; 'we' are not the images running around on the screen (though we do believe we are). These images do exist, but they are not Real and Eternal Identity 'we are'. These images have no power to alter the TV set. There is no power in the images, good or bad. Our Real Self is one with The TV set (Awareness), not the images and scenes being played upon the TV screen. We are the TV (Awareness). The death and distruction or enlightenment of the images playing out a scene of mayhem and or of wonderment, either one, neither and none of that can or ever will affect the TV. It goes right on, unharmed by the shooting, killing, stealing, blowing up destruction scenes going on within It. The question about 'is enlightenment a brain trick' is a question about the images, it has nothing to do with the Living Presence going on wherein which the questions must always arise. While we are so absorbed with the question, we are not noticing that we are already The TV that the question arises in.

Sorry, I guess I really can't simplify, Geesh, Mistral