Awakening and marijuana

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Lac Erta

Awakening and marijuana

Post by Lac Erta » Wed May 20, 2009 9:16 pm

I would like to know what the community thinks about the awakening and marijuana. The question is not if it is good or bad but rather if anybody cares to share a personal experience.
If you do not have a direct personal experience, please don’t post anything.
Thank you to all.

Onceler

Re: Awakening and marijuana

Post by Onceler » Wed May 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Do a search, a lot has been written here in the past (recent past).
Be present, be pleasant.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Wed May 20, 2009 11:51 pm

I experimented with Marijuana once, and it did not hook me into using it again, nor I hated the experience. After that, I experienced with cigarettes and found out they function similarly in putting me into more energized states. And finally I decided that I am already crazy enough, and extra stimuli are not necessary.

domokato

Post by domokato » Thu May 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Marijuana can do a lot of different things to different people. So in a way you get to know yourself a little better. It takes a lot of energy out of you, though. So that might not be the best thing for awakening.

It's just the regular ol' exploration of life.
~housecat

sevenworlds

Post by sevenworlds » Sat May 23, 2009 2:56 pm

I can only say good things about that plant.
Last edited by sevenworlds on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sat May 23, 2009 6:32 pm

I've smoked marijuana before and after awakening experiences. There are similarities but it would be misleading to say the similarities are instructional. In a THC high, the sense of time is very slower. In awakening, the present is real; the past and future are seen as thoughts. It's similar in that there is shift in the sense of time or timelessness, but the experience is not the same. In a THC high, we are sometimes able shift perspective, we can focus or we can expand and just be. This is similar in awakening, but the feel of the experience is different.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun May 24, 2009 2:35 am

I had almost the exact opposite experience you did, 7worlds. The more I smoked, and I smoked a lot, the more depressed and anxious I got. Finally I had to stop, with some regret. I agree that it opened me to many things, spiritual and otherwise, but ultimately I couldn't deal with it. I may use again, who knows?

Here in the States the marijuanna is so intertwined with crime and destruction, most coming from Mexico. They are having major problems with drug gangs....I can't see supporting this in any way.
Be present, be pleasant.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sun May 24, 2009 4:00 am

What I find really interesting is that most of our pharmaceutical drugs are synthetic forms or derieved from plants. Somehow we have been brought up to believe that these drugs are safer.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Sun May 24, 2009 1:02 pm

lucy wrote:What I find really interesting is that most of our pharmaceutical drugs are synthetic forms or derieved from plants. Somehow we have been brought up to believe that these drugs are safer.
Industrial products tend to be safer because we usually know exactly the quantity and quality of drugs in pharmaceutical formulations.
However, the quality and quantity of various active chemicals in raw plants varies greatly from year to year and also depends on geographical areas. And this is only one of the reasons why plant-based products are unpredictable.
Also, remember that most plants are actually trying to protect themselves by synthesizing chemicals that kill those who eat them - this is why we go into altered states by consuming some plants.
I know this is a lot of mind talk, but it goes to show that we can look at any problem from a different point of view.

sevenworlds

Post by sevenworlds » Sun May 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Glycine wrote: Industrial products tend to be safer because we usually know exactly the quantity and quality of drugs in pharmaceutical formulations.
However, the quality and quantity of various active chemicals in raw plants varies greatly from year to year and also depends on geographical areas. And this is only one of the reasons why plant-based products are unpredictable.
Yes, but we are not machines that all fit to the same formulations. That might work for cars but not humans. We have more in common with the plants in that we all vary greatly ourselves. This is the main flaw of science. Always trying to fit everyone into the same box to make their theories work. The problem with this is - who is deciding? Who gives those who decide these things authority to tell me which plants on this earth (which were here before humans) I can put in my body?
Last edited by sevenworlds on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Sun May 24, 2009 3:40 pm

sevenworlds wrote:The problem with this is - who is deciding? Who gives those who decide these things authority to tell me which plants on this earth (which were here before humans) I can put in my body?
I guess it depends on whether you want to live within a large group of people or in isolation.
Large groups of people function better if they follow (approximately) the same set of rules. This is why complex rules appear: because people want to live in large groups. Just try to imagine a large city where everyone is always on various psychedelic drugs.

On the other hand, if you go and live in isolation, no one will stop you from using any plants you like.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun May 24, 2009 3:56 pm

sevenworlds wrote: Yes, but we are not machines that all fit to the same formulations. That might work for cars but not humans. We have more in common with the plants in that we all vary greatly ourselves. This is the main flaw of science. Always trying to fit everyone into the same box to make their theories work. The problem with this is - who is deciding? Who gives those who decide these things authority to tell me which plants on this earth (which were here before humans) I can put in my body?
Totally agree! This cannot be overemphasized enough.

Seems also to apply to awakening and awareness since this is so intertwined with our bodies and biology.
Be present, be pleasant.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Sun May 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Inter-individual variability is VERY well-known to doctors and the pharmaceutical industry, and they are trying to address it to their best.
However, developing a new pharmaceutical drug that works on ~80% of the population costs 1 billion $ US. We, as society, simply cannot afford to create a drug for each individual.
Nevertheless, researchers are trying hard to address this issue, using approaches such as pharmacogenetics.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Sun May 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Nevertheless, researchers are trying hard to address this issue, using approaches such as pharmacogenetics.
I am very grateful to those people, who have not yet been awakened in sense stated in the awakening business, who genuinely work for the well fare of humanity according to their best understanding. After all, ET is teaching awakening for the well fare of humanity, isn't he?

Maybe he just sees $$$$ in your suffering pockets, and wishes to add few more zero's to his meager bank account.

Nosy Tony

sevenworlds

Post by sevenworlds » Mon May 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Glycine wrote:We, as society, simply cannot afford to create a drug for each individual.
Exactly. Money is always top priority. As long as that motive is there how can any of them claim to be genuinely interested in an individual's health and welfare? Without the interference of doctors, scientists, politicians and the rest of them, your body knows exactly what it needs in any given situation. It is their ideas imposed on us for centuries that prevents that natural intelligence of the body being able to express itself. The same mentality that imposed all those rules is the one that then says it would be chaos without them. In a sane, natural society all drugs would fall into their proper place. Those who are drawn to marijuana (or anything else) would use it sanely and wisely because it would be informed by their own innate, natural intelligence.