Awakening myths

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
karmarider

Awakening myths

Post by karmarider » Wed May 27, 2009 4:06 pm

“My God 99% of what people are doing to wake up is actually re-enforcing the dream state!” -Adyashanti

Enlightenment is for the old or for monks, for those who have no interest in worldly affairs
All pain goes away with awakening
Awakening will make me emotion-less
With awakening, I will lose all desire and motivation.
Awakening is difficult. Awakening takes a long time.
I have to meditate to awaken
I have to join a spiritual tradition to awaken
The awakened never have a thought, they never get angry, they never have an emotion
The awakened don’t have an ego
The awakened have supernatural powers…psychic powers…they can see the future…they are full of wisdom
The awakened have no interest in sex
Awakening is about finding bliss, Oneness, one consciousness…
Awakening is about
There is only one (or four or seven) ways to awaken. There are four (or seven or nine) levels of consciousness
I know I will awaken in the future because I (mediate, read Eckhart Tolle over and over again…)
You have to be a vegetarian to awaken

Sighclone

Re: Awakening myths

Post by Sighclone » Wed May 27, 2009 5:10 pm

:lol:

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

eputkonen

Post by eputkonen » Thu May 28, 2009 4:56 am

I have been publishing weekly EnlightenMyths since the end of last year (new one each Thursday)...here is todays...

Expanding one's consciousness is needed.

Enlightenment has nothing to do with expanded consciousness, for what consciousness could be expanded except for egoic consciousness?  Awakening is seeing through the mirage called ego...not expanding it.

http://www.awaken2life.org/weekly-enlightenmyths.html
Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
https://www.youtube.com/EricPutkonen

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Thu May 28, 2009 11:54 am

A Chinese Idiom states " After throwing away murderous weapons, one becomes a Buddha instantly." :lol:

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Thu May 28, 2009 12:56 pm

> A Chinese Idiom states " After throwing away murderous weapons, one becomes a Buddha instantly."

Well, I had some Gon-Boa-Kai-Tin leftovers in the fridge for a month,
dropped in the bin, but I aint exactly Hotei.
---ooOoo---

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Thu May 28, 2009 1:31 pm

Well, I had some Gon-Boa-Kai-Tin leftovers in the fridge for a month,
dropped in the bin, but I aint exactly Hotei.
A month? The chicken must have flew away. Of course it ain't pretty nor tasty. Who wants to please his eyes with a spiritless scenery and nourishes his body soulless food?

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Thu May 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Tone:
> Who wants to please his eyes with a spiritless scenery and nourishes his body soulless food?

Now, I wouldnt say that, the tupperware was hopping up and down on the fridge shelf,
and when I lifted a corner of the lid, a little crooked voice came out asking me if I was its daddy.
---ooOoo---

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Thu May 28, 2009 3:41 pm

MF,

It is really interesting that when I start to fool around, I notice a better fool in this forum. All this starts with curious trip to a Tarot card reader. Life is never dull.

Y NOT

johny

Post by johny » Fri May 29, 2009 5:52 pm

There is no such thing as egoic consciousness. What is evolution of consciousness? Can you not look around in nature and see that the evolution of consciousness is evolution of mind? It doesn't take anyone to be enlightened to figure it out, just common sense is enough.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.

mistral

Post by mistral » Fri May 29, 2009 6:36 pm

That we have the ability to think is a precious and marvellous gift from God ( Infinite Mind, Eternal Light before time). Just think, we became alive and sentient because of Something Unknown and Unseen, expressing Now and Here as this world of images. Something Is Here that is also before time and space, before this world 'is'. We are remarkable in that we are made of This Holy Stuff---The ego and our thinking are wonderful aspects of God's Living Presence---certainly not 'things to be rid of, but to be understood as our very Holy, Miraculous Identity as the Divine Light of Selfhood that should be cherished and that we can actually do something useful and right with for our world. Because we understand the Truth of Real Identity, then we can use this beautiful ego we are blessed with to do something brave and wonderful and honourable. We are privileged, the fact that we exist is our Grace Entire.

Chopping things up is never the route to take when it comes to seeing life as The Wholeness It Is. Truth is all about Wholeness, Totality, and Completeness which is very Nature of God's Living Grace that Encompasses All Entirety. It is not about separating, pulling apart the 'this from that', trying to excavate our ego from Life, Mind, Love, The Light We Are. The idea of 'awakening' is about coming to see This Immediate Presence of Wholeness, All Inclusive Oneness that is always here. Besides, even if you could get rid of your ego or your thinking, where would it go---there is no spot where God is not. There is No other holy ground, you are already on holy ground. There is no other one you have to be, just be here being the fullness of God's Light, trust It, be all that you can be, not less than you can be.

Mistral

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Fri May 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Mistral, Mistral, Mistral,

The Lord pours tears into my eyes through you.

Wanderingly Tony