Jesus quote

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Sw A Devagni

Jesus quote

Post by Sw A Devagni » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:54 pm

Dear all,

Just been listening to a talk from http://bigmind.org/zen-eye/video-index in which Genpo Roshi modified a quote from Jesus in quite a stunning way:

"Be unto others as you would have them be unto you".

I think that is so fantastic it is practically heart-stopping. He says it's not about the doing, it's about how you BE unto others.

That is so fantastic I can't even describe.

Deep bows, Roshi.

Dev x

mistral

Re: Jesus quote

Post by mistral » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 pm

One of the most acurate and honest explainations of 'Jesus Christ" in the Light of Oneness, Isness, Reality:

excerpted from "who is Jesus Chirst in the Light of Awareness"

----the body-image is not my identity. Rather, the Awareness that "looks out" and looks in, "thinks out" from that body, is the Identity I am. The Awareness within which all the bodies and trees and books and artifacts appear is Identity, as nearly as I can establish at the metaphysical level. My God, if I'm naught but the body, I am a mere bucket of blood and a sack of tremulous pumps. If I am that only, I am what my mother and father made. If I am LIFE, I am what God made----

----Therefore, this Awareness is the "subjective" Identity I am and think of myself AS. From this perspective, all tangibility, all things, thoughts, ideas, books, historic figures and all history itself are WITHIN the Awareness I AM-and this Awareness embraces every form of every thing. Clearly, Moses spoke of this identity as having dominion over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. He also indicated that we lost sight of it very quickly in the scheme of things----.

Read the full essay here, it will make more sense:

http://www.williamsamuel.com/07-20-08-c ... ective.htm

Johnny Appleseed and Mistral

Peaceman

Re: Jesus quote

Post by Peaceman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 pm

I should be interested to see what other readers think of this and if they think it actually works? Thanks.