Why are you on this board?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Peaceman

Re: Why are you on this board?

Post by Peaceman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 pm

Bit late in replying lucy! I came to the board because I raved about Tolle, I thought his theories made perfect sense and could see the need for them in this world today. I am not a "seeker" or a person who meditates etc. , I have had an innate bias towards spiritual things for as far as I can remember. Once on the board it has been like a treasure chest at the bottom of Davy Jones locker! It wasnt what I expected either, I thought it would be solely to do with Tolle but it goes much wider and makes fascinating reading. I would never allow myself to belong to any "cult" or religion for that matter.

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:06 am

I used to come here to share my experiences as they happened. It was kind of therapeutic. Now that no longer seems important. I log in every couple weeks thinking I might comment to someone's post or help someone along their path, but what happens is usually the opposite. I find that everything that should be said, has been said. So I just poke around and check out everyone's responses and comments and move on.

It really is a helpful forum.

Norm
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:44 am

I originally joined out of desperation. I had experienced a big kensho and knew it, and wondered if there were any forums out there with people to help me. kiki was invaluable and helped me comprehend what was happening. At first I spent a week trying to "get down in writing" what my experience was...much patience here by all -- thanks.

But that was many months ago. This board helped me root out some "beliefs" that were buried in my subconsciousness (like "the unapproachable wonderfulness of being enlightened", which I dragged poor eputkonen through -- thanks again, eric for your patience!!!.) I also managed to upset a few members and got my wrist slapped, appropriately.

But in the last six months, lucy, it has been a chance to hear the splendid voices of members like you and Ananda, and karmarider, and so many others...very "selfish" in the sense that the clear questions and messages just send a big harmonious energy surge through me and make me smile.

And the hope that I can, from time to time, refine a target pointer for someone else.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce