A shift in Consciousness

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
lucy

A shift in Consciousness

Post by lucy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:57 pm

Even though it is said that there is nothing to get, no path to follow, I found there is a shft in Consciousness that makes all the difference in the way we live. And yet, there is no defined means of getting there, it is more like a ripening or an opening up. Once we truley open up, it seems that our neurons or pathways are re-wired to help us see how things really are. Nothing really changes and yet everything changes. It is so beautifullly designed. I'm in awe.

karmarider

Re: A shift in Consciousness

Post by karmarider » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Yes.

enigma

Post by enigma » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:50 am

Those comments refer to the realization of Truth in which the one who gets and walks paths is seen to be imaginary.

arel

Post by arel » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:19 pm

lucy I don't know what you are talking about here but I'd be interested to read more :)
What I say is only my viewpoint.

lucy

Post by lucy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:40 pm

arel wrote:lucy I don't know what you are talking about here but I'd be interested to read more
Hi arel,
Sorry it took me so long to reply. What I was trying to convey is that once realization takes place, we wonder why we couldn't get it before, because it seems so obvious and simple. But it doesn't seem so obvious and simple until after we "get it", so to speak. I don't know if you saw the movie "What the Bleep Do We know" a few years back. There was a part in there about Columbus and his Clipper ships visiting the indigenous people of South America. It explains how a new way of thinking or seeing is tricky. . Because clipper ships were totally out of the realm of their reality, these people could not see the ships on the horizon. One day, the tribal shaman realized there were ripples coming towards shore. He knew that something must be causing those ripples...but what? Day after day he strained to see, until one day, he finally saw the ships approaching. His people couldn't see them, until he described to them what he saw. Because they trusted him, they could now see the ships with their own eyes.

This story illustrates the principle that we can only see in our brain what we're able to see. In fact, we only see what we believe is possible. Perhaps this explains why mystics can see angels and other realities: for them, believing is seeing. Biologically, the brain processes 400 billion bits of information per second, but is only aware of 2,000 bits at any one time-usually information about our environment, body, and time. Just what is the brain perceiving that we are not "seeing" or integrating?

mistral

Post by mistral » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Thanks Lucy, nice thread, thought---

This slight shift you are talking about has always remined me of the blurry blob pictures that were very popular in the 80's (I think). We were told that if we shift our eyes, our vision, somehow we could look through the blobs and see a comprhensible scene. So you try and you look through the blurry stuff and eventually there appears, like magic, a whole perfect scene that looks like a lake scene by Monet. No one could tell you exactly how to shift your vision but you trusted that there was something 'behind' the blurrs and you wanted to see it too---so, somehow, you did it, you got it. Yes, the shift was very subtle, but the wholeness and clarity of a scene did come into view.

It also reminds me of the painting of the old hag and if we shift our vision we see a beautiful young woman take her place. or those two faces that turn into a cup, or all those kinds of illusions that people can paint with the purpose of getting us to shift our view point, shift our mind, look deeper, look beyond the surface, change our minds perspective and see something that we cannot at first look see at all.

Life is like those paintings, those magical illusions---Finding the Truth or Reality is Here but no one sees it, God is Here, but no one knows It, Beauty, Truth, Eternal Light and Its Perfect Love is here, but we do not see It. It is as if the Truth is hidden, but in plain sight---It takes us letting go, getting out of the way, loosening our grip on thinking we know, letting go our ridgedness and preconceptions, our bull headed 'ego' that casts a grime over this Heavenly Light that is Already Here.

Interesting: "I" Identity and 'eye' seeing are somehow interwined---we get our true "I" right, know who we are, and our 'eye' sees the world in New Light---There is a connection ( I will ponder that one) "When the Two become One" like focusing our binoculars until the two sides make One Perfect Harmonious Clear Vision---Yes.

I think it is in Gospel According To Thomas, says something like : Heaven is spread over the face of the earth but men see it not.

or another one that says something about ' we are Alreasdy standing on holy ground-- but we do not know it"

A small shift in vision, of mind, of letting go, we look through and See the Eternal Light of Reality that stands behind this world of images---

Mason

The Identity of Relative and Absolute

Post by Mason » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:19 am

I know just what you are saying mistral. It's both astonishing and liberating to encounter something which is too big to fit in our brains yet still so available in our direct experience. Once the initial shift in consciousness takes place it's sort of like those "Magic Eye" posters we had back in the 90's, that's a great way to describe it.

For me it seems as if before the shift took place I played a game of solitare with only the black cards, and now, since this shift somehow occurred, all of a sudden I have both the red cards and black cards to play with. However, since the absolute is prefered the object of the game invariably becomes one which involves being delt a hand with as many red cards in it as possible. But the bottom line is that I have to admit that I am still playing a game, and I ultimately have no control over the cards I am dealt.

As it says so beautifully in the Sandokai, "to encounter the absolute is not yet enlightment" ...There is far more (or far less) to this, surely.

Perhaps the relative and absolute are two sides of a coin so thin that it has no edge. Presumably on that edge there are no games left to be played. The Gospel According To Thomas also says: "The foxes have their dens and the birds of the air have their nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head and rest."