Chakras and enlightment.

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Beyondthought

Chakras and enlightment.

Post by Beyondthought » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 am

Any body else discovered or read about the seven life energies inside the body.

http://www.chakraenergy.com

The root seems to represent being present in the now I have read. Being in touch with the body and the earth. And the seventh is the higher self and consciousness.
I read a surge in the root gives rise to dormat energy what can flow to all seven. I believe this can also explain eckharts explination, i.e become and generate presence( the root) by observing the negative thoughts and emotions connected to that chakra what blocks energy flow.

These seem a little path to follow to help gain the full potential of Root energy to aid our path of spirtual enlightment

What is everybody else thoughts?

18andlife

Re: Chakras and enlightment.

Post by 18andlife » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:41 am

Hey cool, someone else in this tread was just asking about Chakras http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... f=5&t=7064

I didn't know if there was any one here who knew much about them; hopefully I'll stand happily corrected. :)

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:52 am

I've had a couple of reiki sessions - very helpful.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Plorel

Post by Plorel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 pm

I read a surge in the root gives rise to dormat energy what can flow to all seven.
What you are referring to is called Kundalini-Energy, which represents the creative power of the universe. It lies dormant at the bottom of the spine in the root-chakra. There are complete Yoga-ways dedicated to waking up this energy and letting it rise through the seven chakras until it reaches the top of your head, where a connection to conciouness is established. This is supposed to result in total freedom.

Through the practise of presence, or asking "who am I" on the other hand conciouness can spontaneously become self-aware without going the detour over the seven chakras. Therefore even if you have directly experienced who you are, there may still be stuck energy patterns in the lower chakras which still have to be released to be completety free.

The problem with Kundalini-Yoga (and other yoga-path) are that no amount of effort can garantuee you that awakening will happen. Furthermore, this progressive pathways reinforce and recreate the concept that there is a "doer", an "I" that is trying to achieve something. And that is certainly counterproductive.

But for feel-good experiences and good body-control I highly recommend Yoga anyway.
Who am I without my story?

Ananda

Post by Ananda » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:51 am

The problem with Kundalini-Yoga (and other yoga-path) are that no amount of effort can garantuee you that awakening will happen. Furthermore, this progressive pathways reinforce and recreate the concept that there is a "doer", an "I" that is trying to achieve something. And that is certainly counterproductive.

But for feel-good experiences and good body-control I highly recommend Yoga anyway.

:lol:

Do you know much about yoga?

thenow

Post by thenow » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 am

Here is an very informative website about kundalini.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/

Inner energy will take us on the right track, by listening to our own truth. When we are true, inner energy will start to flow. Blockage will be felt--emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Clearing these enough, we will come to feel the urge of doing yoga and exploring our chakras.

When I first did chakras, the sudden surge of energy made me angry and reactive for a few days. Issues came up at a faster pace. I had to deal with them for a while. These clearing is essential.

But after that, things take off smoothly, both spiritually and in life.Each of the seven chakras influences a different level in us. The goal is the balance in all of them. The process of balancing is the process of spiritual development.

Some might say there really is nothing to do. But due to the accumulated bodily sensation, emotions, thoughts, memories, there are things to do. there bound to be a process, whether it's quick for some or long for others.

Yes, the tricky part is how not to make the whole journey a ego-boosting trip from all these advancement we experience. Inner energy and the right way of being often reinforce each other and keep taking us to the next level.

If there is an ego involved, there will be a limit. If there is no ego, there will be no limit.

Just my 2 cents.

Plorel

Post by Plorel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Do you know much about yoga?
Not too much. I have been doing Yoga for some years now, read some books and recently had an intensive training as a yoga teacher. But I am certainly no expert.
Yes, the tricky part is how not to make the whole journey a ego-boosting trip from all these advancement we experience. Inner energy and the right way of being often reinforce each other and keep taking us to the next level.
I guess the really tricky part is how not to make up the idea of a trip at all :D
Who am I without my story?

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:31 pm

I've had experiences during meditation when it's felt like a massive outpouring of energy out of my body at places that coincide with the solar plexus chakra, heart chakra and then intense pressure inbetween the eyes just above the bridge of the nose

It's happened in that order but it could just be imagination so I don't pay it much mind

Also, meditation isn't a consistent experience so it's not like meditating a lot causes it to happen. It just happens during meditation sometimes when I let go of everything
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within