Tolle was right, you can't talk about this...

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Old_Dog

Post by Old_Dog » Fri May 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Tolle was right, you can't talk about this stuff without egos getting involved, mine included. The mods here are a bad example which makes it even worse. I'm done here.

Ananda

Re: Tolle was right, you can't talk about this...

Post by Ananda » Fri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Any conversation presupposes the idea of individuality. Basically, in order to have a conversation there must be two who are talking, so straight away ego has to be assumed in order for there to be a coherent back and forth.

It appears that there is one who has said something, and now another is here responding, that is the framework which all conversations have to work with, otherwise nothing would make sense. Since all conversation presupposes duality, yes, you are right in that 'this' can't be given in words, only vaguely hinted at with pointers or whatever it might be.

Bye stranger :wink:

pixiedust

Post by pixiedust » Sat May 15, 2010 5:44 am

So was it wrong of Tolle to write an entire book on 'this'? We're all on a journey and I dont think its so bad for people to help others along the way.. toodles

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sat May 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
Stabbin with your steely words, it just wont kill the beast.
---ooOoo---

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Sat May 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Yes, we can all talk about this. However, it does not matter all that much.
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Tolle was right, you can't talk about this stuff without egos getting involved, mine included.
Give yourself credit. That's progress - to recognize the ego egoing. Now recognize the recognizer recognizing and live in that perspective. This forum will then have served a purpose.

WW

mus3cho

Post by mus3cho » Mon May 17, 2010 4:00 am

Thank (fill in the blank) that Eckhart said what you said he said 'cuz I was thinking it but thought I was just being a jerk. It is soooo hard to talk about all this without ego getting in the way. I thought, really, that I was just being an unenelightened egotistical beast. I am sooo relieved! It's not just my egotistical ego talking to itself.

So, given, you can't talk about this without the ego getting in the way, I can forgive myself for having one that is so pervasive and insidious. If I acknowledge that, I imagine it takes the power out of it........ha!

The sound of my hands clapping and my eyes crying tears of relief.....there's hope for me yet... :roll:

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon May 17, 2010 6:32 am

Good bye, Old_Dog. We wish you and your family well.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

mus3cho

Post by mus3cho » Fri May 28, 2010 8:37 am

Speaking of ego, whenever this one (me,myself,I) gets a "Topic Reply Notification" email it takes about 24 to 185 hours to get the courage to look at it. I get all freaked out about what somebody has posted. I eventually get beyond it, but then I sweat that I'm going to say something totally off the mark in response again. This is an ongoing ego battle I have that I also trying to get beyond. And so it goes but I'll keep trying. Can the unmanifested consciousness even "speak"? There I go sitting on the fence called duality again. At least as far as I understand it. And here is where someone further along the path reaches over and pats me on my unenlightened head and smiles and says "ahhh..grasshopper,it is as it should be ".

mus3cho

Post by mus3cho » Fri May 28, 2010 8:40 am

What's a mod anyway? The bad example that was discussed in the initial post for this topic?

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri May 28, 2010 12:25 pm

"Mods" are the moderators of this board - some of us tend to talk a lot about this in an effort to help those who seek a better understanding of Tolle and awakening. It's a challenging task because he's right, yet he and we continue talking anyway - compassion will do that.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Plorel

Post by Plorel » Fri May 28, 2010 3:50 pm

If everything is good, all is one and their is no meaning to it anyway, why take action at all?

Because thats what love does
Who am I without my story?

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Fri May 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Who is taking action?
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Fri May 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Old dog wrote:
But Tolle talks about it all the time! As did the Buddha, Jesus, Shankaracharya, Nisargdatta and many others.....

Of course, ego's will become involved from time to time, and that is OK too, since they will be easy to spot (and that's spritual growth).

All the best Old Dog, but come back whenever you want too.

Plorel

Post by Plorel » Fri May 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Who is taking action?
Exactly :D
Who am I without my story?