Insight and Creativty

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
lord12

Insight and Creativty

Post by lord12 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 am

I had an experience last December where I had an unbiased perspective of everything. I had tremendous insights about the nature of reality and could perceive directly. I think I had access to my unconscious mind. I perceived every moment as a new moment. There was no story. I was just an awareness that could penetrate through the depths of reality. I was a lot for intuitive and I could observe the limitations of language. I literally transcended the language barrier and used language as a tool to create concepts.
Now, I feel materialistic and lustful. I can't stop thinking about women, and have succumbed to many desires. Even when I take a conscious breath or try to feel my inner body, I still feel the need to compulsively think and exercise my impulses. How do I get back to that "insight" state of consciousness? I feel like I am trapped by mind as my mind mentally labels everything and takes the mystery and allure out of everything. I have lost my inquisitiveness. I am really dull and uninterested.
To sum up, I had a satori experience last December where everything was vibrant and amazing. I had a few psychic experiences where I could read people's thoughts and understand people's true intentions. Now, my consciousness has been relegated to the pedestrian, dull state. This leads me to another question:
When consciousness becomes aware of consciousness, is this a function of brain chemistry or is it a independent from it? What do you guys recommend I do?

18andlife

Re: Insight and Creativty

Post by 18andlife » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:44 am

I had an experience last December where I had an unbiased perspective of everything. ...Now, I feel materialistic and lustful.
Papaji was a no holds barred dharma teacher and he said it perfectly "Anything gained afresh will be lost " -Knowing that quote directly will allow you to circumvent an immense amount of suffering.
When consciousness becomes aware of consciousness, is this a function of brain chemistry or is it a independent from it?
I can't attest to the direct realization, but apparently pure awareness has no dependence upon brain function whatsoever. Hopefully Kiki, Ananda, Kutso, et al, will comment on this.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 pm

The intelligence penetrated down through the subconsciousness into the unconscious and then we get a set back where we feel the past in us dragging us back into thought and emotion. That is the living past in us, the sum of our unconsciousness to date, our self, that lives in the subconscious. The task is to take the movement out of our self. The movement is our self. So eliminate unnecessary thought, 98% is habitual thinking or daydreaming. The emotion powering restlessness needs to be examined and seen to be the source of thought.

How do I know I have a brain?..... I don't know, it doesn't occur to me. All thoughts of brains are thinking, all come from the past. Can you feel the sensation in the head, it is just sensation, drop the tension out of there. I see hands knees tip of a nose..... sensation..................................... . . . . . . . . . . .
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.

Ananda

Post by Ananda » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 pm

When consciousness becomes aware of consciousness, is this a function of brain chemistry or is it a independent from it?
If by brain chemistry you are referring to the regulation of subjective experience, the mind (personality, ego sense, memory, imagination, intellect etc) then no, being aware of awareness is not a function or property of brain chemistry. The brain (and further, the body) are objects known to awareness/consciousness and are not separate from awareness although awareness is distinct from objects and stands as the witness or shining knower 'I'.

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 pm

lord12 wrote:When consciousness becomes aware of consciousness, is this a function of brain chemistry or is it a independent from it?
Let's say that you could take the brain out from your head, but the brain was still connected to the body with wires so that you could see the brain. Is the brain producing a picture of itself producing a picture of itself? Or is the appearance of the brain in consiousness?
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

gen6

Post by gen6 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:28 am

lord12 wrote: To sum up, I had a satori experience last December where everything was vibrant and amazing. I had a few psychic experiences where I could read people's thoughts and understand people's true intentions. Now, my consciousness has been relegated to the pedestrian, dull state. This leads me to another question:
When consciousness becomes aware of consciousness, is this a function of brain chemistry or is it a independent from it? What do you guys recommend I do?
You could hear or guess people's thoughts?
To the second question , everything is in your head. It's a function of your brain.
As you obviously kind of unlocked a bit your brain, it can happen again and again and finally make this experience permanent state. How? Remove barriers that stop you experience it. Remember how you got to this experience in the first place, what was going on in your head?
Live as if nothing and everything matters at the same time.

mus3cho

Post by mus3cho » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:58 pm

The reason I am in this forum is because I am walking around my house this morning feeling restless, so I decided to search "restless" in the forum. I asked myself "why am I recognizing that I am restless? How do I respond to this state of resltlessness?" I feel myself wanting to "blame" something for this state of restlessness. Probably because I am judging it to be a bad thing. Maybe I could just accept it for being what it is. Hmmmm...

I have a small art studio that I have neglected. I noticed mouse droppings on the table out there and I don't want to deal with the situation. I haven't painted in months. I have neglected my creativity. I have allowed myself to be cut off from the creative source in order to "do" my job, "do" my housekeeping, "do" lots of other things, but try to be present while I'm "doing" them.

Maybe I'll just go take a nap.