The Supposed Age of Awakening

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
soren008

Re: The Supposed Age of Awakening

Post by soren008 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Last edited by soren008 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soren008

Post by soren008 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:49 pm

Last edited by soren008 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanss

Post by hanss » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:19 pm

"The non-dual guys – sharing there nobodyness for us nobodys to awaken nobody & nothing matters & everything matters and - time is thought & god is a coconut! "

LOL, great summary. Thanks :D
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:38 am

When I have talked to people not engaged in the spiritual life the opinion is that the world will go on as usual, no problem.

Perhaps this is because self or ego = world. They are one and the same.

And Being or Self = The Earth.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.

James

Post by James » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm

I don't like to speculate about what might happen, can or hope to happen, because that is future, time-bound thinking. I'd prefer to take a stance of humility and admit I don't really know, and be open to any and all possibilities. We can only perceive through our limited construct, the filter over our awareness. For all we know the cycle of apparent awakening and apparent ignorance, may have been repeating itself endlessly throughout eternity, perhaps a game life plays with itself. For all we know there may appear to be many other universes or an infinity of universes within the One Reality. Each apparent universe may be unfolding in a slightly different way than the one we are aware of, there may be an infinity of variations. Within those universes there may appear to be other types of minds that perceive reality differently than we do, perhaps they perceive it in other dimensions, in other words those minds may have an even clearer view of reality than ours, or perhaps less clear. And all this appearing may simply be the display of Life in all its diversity.

So I'm not suggesting science fiction or fantasy about the future (as fun as that might be), or even what may be happening in other worlds, but rather the opposite, just settling back into the moment and accepting what we can experience here and now, without the conceptual overlay; since that is all there is to go by, our current experience. Anything else is simply unknown... Spiritual awakening is to rest in that unknowing. And within that Presence is all the knowing and certainty that is needed.

If one is experiencing awakening, then from that perspective it is the "age of awakening".
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 am

James wrote: If one is experiencing awakening, then from that perspective it is the "age of awakening".
That is true but one would have to find another word for age. Age refers to past and past refers to all of humanity, impersonal or allpersonal.

"My age of awakening" perhaps but the that refers to the person, and the person never awakens.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.