How often do you experience deep inner peace?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
simpleaser

How often do you experience deep inner peace?

Post by simpleaser » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 pm

I am talking about the deep inner peace when you feel connected to all. When you feel nothing from the external world can effect your inner state. When you have a deep inner aliveness. When you laugh at your minds absurdities.

runstrails

Re: How often do you experience deep inner peace?

Post by runstrails » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:37 am

Everytime that I am 'present'. It's so blissful, isn't it :D

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:39 pm

A few years ago, while reading Tolle, many people I knew talked about being present, and people often talked about how blissful and peaceful presence feels. But presence didn't feel blissful me at all. It felt lifeless and boring in the beginning. I realized then that a very important skill in our awakening is self-honesty, otherwise we can get stuck in mind-conjured expectations.

The practice of presence didn't work for me. Awareness did. (Later I came upon the simplicity of Candice O'Denver's "putting short moments of awareness together").

There can be a tendency for people to overstate their experience. I know that there was a time when I did that. In my experience, presence in the beginning is not blissful. It is just quiet, absent of noise. And in the beginning, it lasts for seconds. Not minutes or days. Everyone's mileage varies, but the important thing is not build up expectations.

Kae

Post by Kae » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 pm

More and more often.
Pura Visio, Pectus Apertum, Pax Interi

Tara

Post by Tara » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Can you elaborate on self-honesty, what it means, how to "get" it, etc? Thanx
karmarider wrote:A few years ago, while reading Tolle, many people I knew talked about being present, and people often talked about how blissful and peaceful presence feels. But presence didn't feel blissful me at all. It felt lifeless and boring in the beginning. I realized then that a very important skill in our awakening is self-honesty, otherwise we can get stuck in mind-conjured expectations.

great2be

Post by great2be » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:01 am

Tara wrote:
karmarider wrote:A few years ago, while reading Tolle, many people I knew talked about being present, and people often talked about how blissful and peaceful presence feels. But presence didn't feel blissful me at all. It felt lifeless and boring in the beginning. I realized then that a very important skill in our awakening is self-honesty, otherwise we can get stuck in mind-conjured expectations.
Can you elaborate on self-honesty, what it means, how to "get" it, etc? Thanx
To never repeat the words of another as if they were our own.
An imaginary seeker, seeking an imaginary goal.
Realise the nature of imagination and the fallacious effort ends.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing it's tail?

What happens when the dog runs faster?