SAying YES!

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
monmonn

SAying YES!

Post by monmonn » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:17 pm

I watched a Jim Carrey movie which i think was sending a spiritual message to the audience (i think i glimpsed at an article with Jim talking with Eckhart) and the move was Yes Man! which talks about someone who changed his whole life just by saying yes to everything.
I have been doing this in my mind while at the same time applying 'effortless effort' and its been working wonders! It like you just accept the moment without perceiving it as good and bad and also you basically saying yes to life instead of just sitting on your ass worried about outcomes.

Just wanted to share this with people :)

hanss

Re: SAying YES!

Post by hanss » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Thank you for that sharing. So simple, just say yes. Or as ET says, "it's insane to resist what really is". I think I have lived my life like "Whatever it is, I say no to it." :)
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:23 pm

I remember when I saw that movie thinking: "Sure, all this Yes! stuff is meant to be taken as a joke, and the Guru of Yes (played beautifully by Terence Stamp) is meant to be taken as a charlatan nincompoop ... but I think my life might really change for the better if I took the Yes to Everything! route." So as the movie was making fun of the Yes! approach it was also suggesting that it might be worth a try ... :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Yes.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:41 pm

I say Yes..... to Love...... Life..... Death..... Truth..... and God

I say No to my self that is unconscious of now.

I can't say yes to everything once I know what my self is.

That just perpetuates unconsciousness..

No is negation..Yes is surrender
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.