law of attraction + presence

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
monmonn

law of attraction + presence

Post by monmonn » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:07 am

I am use to using Adya's method of 'effortless Effort' which is a method where you just stop putting effort into everything you do (its works wonders! didn't believe it at 1st). The other day I went shopping with a friend and I saw a book called 'The power' by Rhonda Byrne and I didn't buy it at the time because I kinda promised myself to stop studying spirituality (if you keep studying it you try to control yourself way to much), but i was still curious to what is was pointing to and how it related to truth so I downloaded that movie they made about it and then I was like 'this s*** looks legit!', and it sounds really true since religions talk of believing and stuff.

So me being a doosh went and bought this book and I read it non-stop as soon as I got it, it has a technique where you close your eyes and feel like you already have the thing you already want and really feel into the feeling and the universe will rearrange itself for you to get it.

But my question is, will it conflict with 'effortless effort'? Can I adapt to using both methods or do I have to get rid of one or the other ?

Thank you

Monish

Mouse

Re: law of attraction + presence

Post by Mouse » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:47 am

The best magic monmonn is to find the natural good in your body and then just enjoy that. That will produce circumstances that are free of selfish wanting, circumstances that fulfill you in a way that you could never produce yourself. That is the magic of life which is of course working in the same way as you are suggesting but better.

What you want now you won't want in the future. What you once wanted you don't want now. Best to leave it to life.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:07 am

The law of attraction and positive thinking and positive visualization and all these things which are so popular right now basically say that the universe will fulfill your desires if you concentrate on your desires. But the thing is that most of us are full of conditioning and fear and delusions, and even if these theories of attraction are true, we would simply attract what is in us, and what is in us are delusions and fears and frantic desires.

Makes much more sense to me to be still, let go, be aware and be present. Truth will reveal itself when we are clear. Why take more beliefs and concepts?

Kae

Post by Kae » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:42 am

I think that posting that question on this message board, you'll definitely get more replies in favour of letting go! If you find a board dedicated to that other book, you might get the other side :lol:

But it's a good point. I have been wondering the same lately, and how somehow they don't match, and how lately I've let go of trying to control my experiences.

For me, it came in phases. I read Conversations with God and learned (or had my innate knowledge confirmed) that I could create with my thoughts. I tried it and it worked magic. And it was great to feel that I had this relationship with life.

But then... now, I would actually much rather give up control and let life/God/nature/Being/what is/chi/love (or whatever you want to call it!) flow though me naturally and spontaneously. I would rather be an instrument of the divine will, than make decisions from my limited mind, and call forth objects and experiences that might not be the best. I trust the Divine perfectly to let whatever happen.
Pura Visio, Pectus Apertum, Pax Interi