Slowly changing perceptions

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
dubhasa

Slowly changing perceptions

Post by dubhasa » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Everything stays the same and at the same time everything changes. The world remains the same but how I perceive it changes. There are three clear stages so far that I can pinpoint.

Let me use analogy of a cricket match.

Stage 1

I lived most of my life in this stage except may be previous 5-6 years. The world is like a one day cricket match between home team and an opponent. I am completely immersed and identified with one team. I am emotionally, mentally involved with the outcome of the game. My heart pounds depanding on the outcome of every single shot or a ball.

Stage 2

For the last 5-6 years it has been similar to one day match between two other nations. I am not really involved in the outcome. I am not emotionally invested in the game, but I enjoy the game more. I can separate myself from the game. Now I can enjoy both sides and can clap for either team. I do not worry much about the outcome and just enjoy the game. Still there seems to be a gap or dryness to the experience. It is like I am aloof and independent person watching a game on screen. There is no depth to the experience. No involvement as such.

Stage 3

This is happening a bit recently. I feel like I am the one playing on both sides. I am batting and bowling. I feel the intensity and rush of excitement. I feel it from both sides. Enjoyment of the game is so much more. I am not just watching the game of two independent countries but actually playing it. I am actually on the ground. My heart pounds, there is a rush of energy and excitement. I do not worry about the outcome. Screen is not there anymore. There is so much depth. I am not aloof and isolated. I am completly involved again. At the same moment, I am watching the game and actually on the ground playing on both sides.

claire may flet

Re: Slowly changing perceptions

Post by claire may flet » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Im at stage two then...

runstrails

Re: Slowly changing perceptions

Post by runstrails » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:59 am

Beautiful, dubhasa!
I vacillate between stages 2&3 depending on what I am doing.

P.S. have you ever wondered if the match is fixed :wink: