What Am I - What Are You?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
HermitLoon

Re: What Am I - What Are You?

Post by HermitLoon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm

There is a Witnessing Presence - infinite and eternal - the essence and the totality of "being".

Because of the infinite potential of the Witnessing Presence, an illusion of separation, hypothetically,
could arise and from that the hypothetical consciousness of an individual human experience, which
could then create the consciousness of matter, a body, a universe, etc. - all as a virtual hypothetical.

"Death" is the dissolution of the hypothetical - the end of "this story" - the return home to Reality.

The Witnessing Presence, alone, is "real".

"We" are "That"
Last edited by HermitLoon on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Hypothetically, I love your work HermitLoon :)

I also do like this from WW
Webwanderer wrote:
There is however the issue of individualization of conscious perspective. That individualized perspective is the essence of our unique beingness. How many unique perspectives within the totality of Consciousness can there be? Is it not infinite? Does it not follow then that such unique expressions may be an ongoing creative flow? Is there any limits on perspectives of being that would cause a halt to such extensions of consciousness?

Is it not possible that in the evolution of these unique conscious beingnesses that there may come a point when the individualized conscious perspectives may choose to explore yet other potential perspectives within themselves in unique environments, such as a human experience, to further their own evolution of being?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks smiileyjen - HermitLoon is enjoying your "script" in "this story" (and those of everyone else)! :)
Peace

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 pm

:lol: You are a NOW gem! I was just pondering how to explain something and was 'thinking/relating' it to how the content of a script becomes the process, and how the process weaves its way into the content! (literally within the hypothetical)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

moretocome

Post by moretocome » Fri May 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Thank you all for your responses.

@ arel I like your statement - "....the space of now is what i would say is what I am."
It says (and encompasses) so much with so few words.

@ sighclone (aka Andy) Thank you for the detail and the further personal elaboration of 'pure awareness'. I enjoyed your following profound statement -
"My continuting awakening experience...suggests something full of paradox (utterly empty yet utterly full, etc.)"
Your comment rings with wisdom for me (as it resonates completely). It seems that the deeper one goes down the proverbial rabbit hole, the greater the paradox. Lol.

@ HermitLoon Your words embody a deep sense of Peace and a feeling of Well-Being. As such, they perfectly reflect your signature, "Peace".

Many thanks again to you three (and WW) for your insights, sharing, and feeling of welcome.

Love and Joy to you all.
"The 21st century will see the emergence of a new religion; namely, Unconditional Love."
http://www.No-Self.com

moretocome

Post by moretocome » Fri May 04, 2012 1:13 pm

arel wrote:
moretocome wrote:I have experienced the Void
How do you experience it?
Hi Arel,

From my perspective, the Void (and no-self) can encompass an experience, a realization, and/or a state of Being. To provide examples, the feeling of “emptiness” while in the Void realm would be an experience. Seeing that a separate ‘I’ does not truly exist is a realization. Living from a standpoint of Oneness (i.e. embodiment) is a state of Being.

From your post, it evidences your on-going focus on the "space of now" (i.e. the Void, no-thingness, the Unmanifest, etc.) as a state of Being. In my view, your embodiment of (i.e. living) a state of Being is the most powerful of the three (experience, realization, state of Being) because it allows for a continual / on-going recognition of Truth. Since it is on-going, it continues to deepen and become more powerful over time. So, well done! :-)

When I mentioned that "I have experienced the Void", the following is what I was referring to. As part of my no-self experience (on 2/5/11), I had an experience of what some call the "Void". I've provided a few details below:

I was in bed one night and I was deeply contemplating the concept of ‘There is no me’. I was even saying it over and over again to myself in a relaxed state of mind. Earlier that day, I had also read a book (Butterflies are Free to Fly by Stephen Davis) that made me start to question everything.

All of a sudden I became completely ‘hollowed out’ and I expanded out to include everything and everyone. It was as if “I” was everything and, at the same time, “I” was the only thing. Very strange occurrence. Very hard to describe. I ‘expanded out’ and I found ‘myself’ in complete darkness. It was a bit disconcerting. Then, in my mind’s eye, in bright, white, luminescent letters, came the words, “I AM”. My mind thought, “What’s going on?” Again, in my mind’s eye, in bright, white, luminescent letters, came the words “I AM”. That was it for me – complete peace and calm followed.

I then felt ‘myself’ back in my body, but I still felt ‘hollowed out’. That’s the best way I can describe it, it just felt empty. I was in a daze for a couple of days when I started to notice that the ‘hollowed out’ feeling was being filled up with Love. And, it continues to grow stronger.

I realized through this experience that this loving “I AM” is both the darkness and the Light. It is everyone, everything, and all the space in between. It is the Alpha and the Omega.

Blessings to you Arel.
"The 21st century will see the emergence of a new religion; namely, Unconditional Love."

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat May 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks for that, mtc!!!

Sounds like the Void was at once scary, yet loving? Scary because the full recognition of Self was a vast new experience, but loving in that was all OK and even fun/cool.

I have expanded on your original fine question here.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Iseet

Post by Iseet » Wed May 30, 2012 2:16 am

Thank you all for your thoughts on this thread. It has been quite a journey to read it. Unfortunately I was not able to read everything, so I apolgize in advanced if my question was already asked before.

Being awareness what I and everyone else essentialy is, how come that I am only aware of the thougts from this body/brain and not from any other body/brain? I understand that this body doesnt possess awareness, but awereness is only aware of what surrounds this body. This relationship feels weird for me.

Thanks a lot

rideforever

Post by rideforever » Wed May 30, 2012 1:44 pm

There is a lot of confidence on this thread that doesn't seem merited to me.

I wonder if the ones who don't post are those who know most.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed May 30, 2012 3:03 pm

It's okay rideforever. This forum exists for the purpose of the exploration and expansion of our own understanding and being. No one but you is responsible for what you take to be true. It's the same for everyone.

WW

moretocome

Post by moretocome » Thu May 31, 2012 11:21 am

Iseet wrote:Being awareness what I and everyone else essentialy is, how come that I am only aware of the thougts from this body/brain and not from any other body/brain? I understand that this body doesnt possess awareness, but awereness is only aware of what surrounds this body. This relationship feels weird for me.

Thanks a lot
Hi Iseet,

In my view-

Since all Awareness is ONE and the same, then the Awareness that looks out of 'your' eyes is the exact same Awareness that looks out of 'mine'. The only difference is that of location (or access point). (Note: I'm not talking about thought, I'm talking about Awareness. If you cease thought, Awareness is what remains. You get a sense of this if you look out of "your" eyes and observe everything without allowing any thoughts to enter your mind).

However, even though we each individually 'see' the world from our own physical location/access point, you can utilize the ONE Awareness by 'going into' someone else's mind and perceiving their individual thoughts, feelings, fears, sensations, etc.

By being in two separate bodies, that ONE Awareness is able to look at ITSELF. Therefore, even though it APPEARS otherwise, both Awarenesses come from a single Awareness. There is only ONE of IT. Instead of 'Awareness', IT can be called Consciousness, Energy, Source, God, etc. (The label doesn't change the fact that there is only ONE of It). Therefore, in essence, There is ONLY ‘you’ (as Awareness). 'You' are the ONLY ONE (i.e. All That Is). It is mind-blowing.

“Between me and You, there is only me. Take away the me, so only You remain.” -Hallaj (Sufi mystic)

Joy and Peace to 'you'. :)

Iseet

Post by Iseet » Thu May 31, 2012 9:57 pm

moretocome wrote:However, even though we each individually 'see' the world from our own physical location/access point, you can utilize the ONE Awareness by 'going into' someone else's mind and perceiving their individual thoughts, feelings, fears, sensations, etc.
I don't understand it, can you please clarify?

But if the Awereness is only ONE, how come I can't be aware of other thoughts, other feelings. When someone touch me, I'm aware of this touch. If someone touch my brother, I'm not. The awareness is the same. I think this is the reason everyone tend to think that each body and mind is the most important one, because is the only one that you are aware.

Thanks a lot

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu May 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Iseet wrote: But if the Awereness is only ONE, how come I can't be aware of other thoughts, other feelings. When someone touch me, I'm aware of this touch. If someone touch my brother, I'm not. The awareness is the same. I think this is the reason everyone tend to think that each body and mind is the most important one, because is the only one that you are aware.

Thanks a lot
Iseet, it's a matter of perspective and individuality. What defines this perspective of individuality is vibration. It's like color - all the colors of the rainbow vibrate at their own unique frequencies. They are in a sense, individualized in and by those frequencies. Yet all of them have their origin and are combined, or one, in white.

As a conscious perspective within Awareness, everyone is unique in their own vibration of being. It is an unique perspective of awareness, made so by the uniqueness of the vibrations. So long as you perceive solely through your own unique vibration, you will only experience the conditions of human life from the unique point of view of your conscious vibration. Everyone is different/unique in their own vibration.

That being said, as anyone awakens and expands in consciousness, they begin to sense with ever more clarity the perspective of others - call it empathy in its early stages. In order to experience what others experience more completely and in detail, one's conscious vibrations must be raised to a level that can harmonize directly with those vibrations. Due to the focus through the human brain, this generally only happens at the death of the body and the transition of consciousness back to its greater state where a greater range of vibratory access is available.

WW

Iseet

Post by Iseet » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 am

That's beautiful, but it's only theory. Sometimes one very difficult to believe in, eve though I try.

But thanks for your honest response. I appreciate it.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:11 am

Well, maybe it appears to be a theory, but is it not one that,if true, brings clarity to the issues you cited as matters of concern? What in life, does not have vibration at its core? If this 'theory' helps, investigate for yourself. See what evidence (not theory) is available that either supports or negates it. If we are indeed all of one awareness, then there is functional reasoning why one cannot see through another's eyes.

WW