Can't find a job.

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Beyondthought

Can't find a job.

Post by Beyondthought » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:13 pm

I can't find a job, I've applied for over 30 basic jobs and counting. I'm not suffering over this, i am quite happy still. But i would like to get a Flat and a car and start living by myself. The thing I'm trying law of attraction as well, there is also days when i don't even think about jobs. But in PoN it says about striving to improve your life situation. I want growth and expansion, but it seeming my destiny to have to wait.

I heard the advice do what you want to do if money was no object and, Find what your natural talent and do that, that way you become a master. But i can't really pinpoint either what they are. so the basic job of restaurant or shop seems the best thing for money, but none are coming my way, it's been a few months...

Jman

Re: Can't find a job.

Post by Jman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm in the same situation however, I knew what I wanted to do and have studied and gained the qualifications.
Problem is nobody will employ me in the field I want ! so I'm in the same situation(just with tons of debt).

"find your natural talent and become a master" may just be a far off fantasy simply an excuse to be unhappy now.
You can't look to some situation in the future for happiness as the ego is insatiable.

Keep trying to improve your life situation and accept the fact you're are unemployed. Thats the best we can do.
Whoever knows contentment will be at peace forever. - Tao Te Ching 46
That which offers no resistance, overcomes the hardest substances - Tao Te Ching 43

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:07 am

It's really hard for us to understand the spiritual perspective when dealing with the practical aspects of life. What do do about money, life, jobs, responsibilities, relationships, health issues and so on.

My advice is to follow your intuition. Certainly, there are many assumptions we make about the idea of success and comfort that's worth exploring. Continue to explore these spiritual perspectives and apply them to the extent which you are comfortable and safe with them. But attend to your practical needs in the best ways that you know how and can. When it is time to do something different you will know.

I was out of job for over two years. It wiped me out financially. Also gave me the time and effort to focus on exploring awakening and writing, which I would not have done otherwise.

On the law of attraction--well, seems to me it would take a very bizarre universe which is moved to provide comfort-needs for the segment of the human population which has read Rhonda Byrnnes, and yet can ignore the desperate intention of millions of starving children. So I'm not waiting for that Ferrari to pop upin my driveway. But who knows, maybe I'm missing out.

Beyondthought

Post by Beyondthought » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:20 am

Yeah I DON'T know what intuition is, in my experience. I don't know what feeling it is or thought, or just this knowingness. I don't get many gut feelings, or shivers, but my mind is mostly scattered so i never see what caused it.

The law of attraction is allow of having, belief in worthiness. I doubt the average African knows this, but maybe alot of souls have to experience basic human suffering, then mental suffering and causing...

But on the job front, but i would be cool with big mansion, or decent flat. Earning basic western survival money, and richer money. I KNOW happiness, beauty, joy isn't outside, i just don't residue in that, due to mind, ego, wanting it again.

But I've been applying for jobs i don't truly want, it just be to get started living in this world.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 am

Beyondthought wrote:Yeah I DON'T know what intuition is, in my experience. I don't know what feeling it is or thought, or just this knowingness. I don't get many gut feelings, or shivers, but my mind is mostly scattered so i never see what caused it.
I just meant that it's easy to get confused by spirituality. It's sometimes hard to relate what we learn about something like acceptance to the very immediate and practical problems of job searching and relationships and so on. If that's the case, I simply do the best that I can with my current level of understanding. That's acceptance--the stopping of resistance, and resistance includes overthinking it.
Beyondthought wrote:The law of attraction is allow of having, belief in worthiness. I doubt the average African knows this, but maybe alot of souls have to experience basic human suffering, then mental suffering and causing...
I did not mean to be dismissive of your beliefs. I just have not found any validity to the law of attraction and similar beliefs. In my view, these beliefs lead to more life-clutter, not less.
Beyondthought wrote:But on the job front, but i would be cool with big mansion, or decent flat. Earning basic western survival money, and richer money. I KNOW happiness, beauty, joy isn't outside, i just don't residue in that, due to mind, ego, wanting it again.

But I've been applying for jobs i don't truly want, it just be to get started living in this world.
I did the same. I figured from this job, I can find better jobs.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:09 pm

What are your hobbies? Some times an enthusiasm for an activity can create job opportunities with ease. I suppose a kind of law-of-attraction thing.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.