Inner Body?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Nutkins2

Inner Body?

Post by Nutkins2 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:04 am

Hi there,

I think i know what the inner body feels like but correct if i'm wrong! When i am still and try to say feel the life in my hands, i feel a pulse, a throbbing like a heart beat.
Is this the inner body?

Godbless
Nutkins2

kiki

Re: Inner Body?

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:23 am

To me that sounds like you are feeling the blood coursing through your hands, and that's just fine. The point of feeling the "inner body" is to put attention where it's not used to being, thereby diverting attention away from where it usually is - thought stream. You can do this with any part of the body.

See if you can feel the existence of your foot or arm, or any other part of your body. Close your eyes and ask yourself, "Without looking, how do I know my (insert body part here) exists?" and then see what is there that indicates its existence. This takes a lot of attention away from the mind, and that's the value of this particular practice. Let attention rest frequently on that throughout the day and you'll find thought stream diminishes significantly.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:36 am

My inner body has felt at times the way you describe Nutkins, especially the tips of my fingers. I remember posting here about it once and getting a couple of replies indicating it had happened to others as well. I thought it was energy, not blood....what a bummer. :)

When I do what kiki suggests on his post , seeing what is there that tells me my arm, leg or chest exist without me looking at them, I usually feel that part of my body losing its shape, like it merges with the air around it, like my outer skin is not confining it or holding it back. This seems to happen arbitrarily and I no longer seek it, but it is really neat when it does happen.

Natalie

Quinn

Post by Quinn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:22 pm

It's the energy of the blood's movement. :D

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Oh OK, my ego likes that answer better :)