The Advaita Trap

Post by the key master » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Saw this today and nearly peed myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KXidr0z1RY

kiki

Re: The Advaita Trap

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:27 pm

LOL! That's a good one, key master.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 am

That's great, thanks for posting it. The "machine gun of truth", excellent.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:40 am

Great find. A real expose'.

If only there were some one here to recognize it..... :lol:

WW

Midnight

Post by Midnight » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:46 am

I might get flak for this but...

Hello Ruthless truthers!
:D

Salem

Post by Salem » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:22 am

I know the video was a joke, but can someone please explain how one can be aware and still have feelings and appreciate beauty and so forth?

Edit: changed "who" into the intended "how"
Last edited by Salem on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." — Meister Eckhart

enigma

Post by enigma » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:55 am

Sometimes we focus so much effort in seeing what we are not that we can forget that there is nothing that we are not. We try so hard to remember that we don't exist that there is no room for the enormous power and depth that is emanating from your being always. The miracle of this delusion is that the same force that expands the universe and ignites the stars is terrified of it's own thoughts. I've wandered from forum to forum today, drowning in the banality and self pity, and frankly, I've had enough. No particular reflection on this forum, it just happens to be my last stop. What sorcery is this that clips the wings of angels and makes fools of Gods? Sacrilege for a nondualist? Perhaps, but it would be a mistake to actually believe one lie in hopes of destroying another.

Salem

Post by Salem » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 am

Oh dear, did I say something wrong? Was that response even off of what I wrote or the video or both?

Are you signing off for good, enigma?
enigma wrote:What sorcery is this that clips the wings of angels and makes fools of Gods? Sacrilege for a nondualist? Perhaps, but it would be a mistake to actually believe one lie in hopes of destroying another.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this.
"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." — Meister Eckhart

enigma

Post by enigma » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:44 am

No, wasn't really about you, but in reference to your post, you're not less than anything, you're more than everything. How could anything be lost?

Salem

Post by Salem » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:56 am

Well here's one that's always confused me then. We are not our thoughts. We are not concepts. "We" doesn't exist, only the space in which bodies, minds, feelings exist or rise up, no?

But in true Oneness, we must also be bodies, minds, concepts and everything that rises within the is-ness, otherwise there is still separation, isn't there?

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:52 am

Salem,

The illusion is that we are anything in particular, and everything else we are not. This is not true. We are that which observes all things, and all things as well.
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

Salem

Post by Salem » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:05 am

In texts I've read "You are not the body; the body is not you" etc. Do they mean, just don't get stuck on the idea of being a body/mind? Or that everything covers the body too, so don't get stuck on just being a body; you are everything!

Because those texts make it sound like the body is just separated from the Self in the Now.

Edit: clarification
Last edited by Salem on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldieflower

Post by goldieflower » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:58 pm

enigma wrote:I've wandered from forum to forum today, drowning in the banality and self pity, and frankly, I've had enough.

Hey enig!!!! No self pity here (and I find little on this particular forum). I not only see the tree, it's an Oak!!! Oh, look - there's a birdy, too!!!!

:lol:

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Funny vid. The response pattern here seems to mirror the response pattern to the vid on the site....
Be present, be pleasant.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Well here's one that's always confused me then. We are not our thoughts. We are not concepts. "We" doesn't exist, only the space in which bodies, minds, feelings exist or rise up, no?
Correct.
But in true Oneness, we must also be bodies, minds, concepts and everything that rises within the is-ness, otherwise there is still separation, isn't there?
Correct.

Consciousness is all - You are consciousness. While awake there is nothing to identify with anything - there is just "what is", and You are that. It's impossible for the mind to get a handle on that, however. When mind comes into it separation seems to be created, but in reality there is no real separation. When awake nothing makes any declaration about anything, draws no conclusion about anything. It only gets confusing when either of those things happens, and those can only happen via thought.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---