Do you think everything is meant to happen?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Blenderhead

Re: Do you think everything is meant to happen?

Post by Blenderhead » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:56 pm

I have thought about this question for years too. I believe it is true that the more conscious you are, the more free you are. If we are totally unconscious, it seems like we have less choice and we are controlled by external events. But a reason why it looks this way, is because we have no control over the past at all. We can only make decisions in the now. So free will can only exist in the now, the only place where we can really make decisions. The more timebound our consciousness is the less choice we have. If we try to understand what free will is by looking at the past, we wont find it.

So the question about free will and determinism is really big paradox and both views are true, but it depends on how you look at things.

But if you said the opposite, that humans are in control of their actions and that they are guilty of whatever they have done, I would defend the opposite viewpoint like you do. This is one of the reasons why I do not like the secret, many people seem to use the secret to explain why someone is poor or suffers from various things. They are guilty and did it themselves, the secret says. They manifested it by their own thoughts and are not victims of circumstances but they chose it themselves. But who is thinking these thoughts, did they manifest their reality or did the collective mind manifest it? So I also like your perspective very much and it offers a more compassionate look on ourselves and other humans which is important. So I'm not really arguing with you, I'm just trying to give the picture some more detail.

:)

densestpainbody

Post by densestpainbody » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Thank you blenderhead :D :D Very interesting.

My other thoughts came:

If the consciousness is need to be realized, a certain condition for the person is required. For example, seeing an unusual sight, etc. It is impossible to suddenly become conscious while one is under drug or excessive amount of alcohol.

To be really not influenced by cause and effect, the world of form, to be really creative, you need certain situations for you. Without that situations you can never be conscious, being tossed around by external events, the world of form.

Right now many people are becoming conscious due to Eckhart's books and other source and also probably by the increasing consciousness-energy, but 500 years ago, the consciousness was never this big. They didn't have any chance to notice that dimention.

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 pm

I agree, I would certainly be a lot more unconscious without this movement that is happening now collectively. It is not easy to be on your own with this.

Time for me to be still again :wink:

densestpainbody

Post by densestpainbody » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:53 am

Still thinking...

Could our lives have been different?

-This "our lives" is in the dimention of time so we must discuss solely based on that dimention.

-To be no victims of circumstances, the world of cause and effect, you need the consciousness.

-The consciousness never arise, for example, when you are sleeping or on drugs, or when you are completely identified with ego and/or pain-body and deeply in an argument.

-The consciousness needs a certain external situation, which is in the world of form. For example, the meditation, absorbing new information, seeing a unusual sight, etc.

-How can that catalystic situation that makes you realize the consciousness happen? It depends on the world of cause and effect.

Amorbis

Post by Amorbis » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:15 am

Yes. Me answering your question was meant to happen.

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Maybe you should change your forum name to something else, Densestpainbody :)

Unless you have a humorous distance to this name.

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm

densestpainbody wrote:Could our lives have been different?
This goes under the category of "what if" questions, that are superfluous (as mentioned in PON). What if I did something else 10 years ago? It might be an interesting question, but it serves no purpose. And even if you get an answer it won't be helpful at all because the past is not in your control.

:)

Look at your question and perhaps try to take it less seriously. Maybe you don't need an answer to this question at all. Maybe you don't even need to ask it? Replace the problem in your mind with an empty space, peace.