.. and in the end , all that's left is to have a good laugh

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Ralph

.. and in the end , all that's left is to have a good laugh

Post by Ralph » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:06 am

I have been in this game of 'seeker' for a very, very long time and whenever it gets too heavy and I am once again lost in my thoughts, I like to come back and replay this wonderful clip that pretty much sums it all up. There is so much freedom felt when I watch this clip that is beyond words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UuaOye9VyI :D

..and if you don't get what the laughter was all about in part 1 :roll: , Jeff explains it beautifully in words on part 2 below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeOhJ8-aGiE&NR=1

Please enjoy.

snowheight

Re: .. and in the end , all that's left is to have a good la

Post by snowheight » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:27 am

Wow, these guys are great. Thanks Ralph!

From part 2

At 3:56
So a question is an expression of the assumptions that were already there masquerading as a .. question … pretending that there is an answer … so when the assumptions are exposed, when they are seen for what they are – the assumptions are just concepts, thoughts …. …then there's no question and there's no answer! …. And so -- so we think we’re looking for the answer -- we think we say “I am a questioner looking for the answer to my question” … ONCE I get the ANSWER … THEN there will be clarity!
And at 6:41
We don’t really want the end of the questions because that would mean the end of the questioner.
And at 11:11
The non-existence of the seeker is there from the beginning
If nothing else they just saved me a bunch on plane tickets and hotels. On reflection the reason I actually came to this forum was out of curiosity as to what the hell happened to me after having read TPON. The horrible irony of this is that my mind actually formulated the obvious answer to the first question that elicited the initial gales of laughter, which is of course that the manifestation was actually occurring "before" the ego which didn't exist to begin with is "finally destroyed".

There was quite a bit of tension that they let out with that laughter. I really empathized with the physical release that the younger guy obviously had. Can't say I've shared their experience of teacher shopping or have any intention too ... thanks for treading that road for me guys!

Snow still up on the hilltops for a few more weeks at least (months up in Vt) but it has melted off of the trail with the meditation bench. Just sitting there for a moment the other day after a run (out on the pavement, the trail is still too muddy) was really really tantalizing. 8)

... yup ... when it comes to self-inquiry, meditation, samadhi and inner-peace I still want more :lol: :lol: :lol: ( ... will someone PLEASE talk some sense into me :?: :!: :?: ...)
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Riken

Post by Riken » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:27 pm

It's cool to see a fellow Brit teaching this stuff, don't know why, I do recognise him from somewhere.

Funnily enough on one of his vids on youtube a girl I used to go to school with is sitting in the background chatting, weird.

Snowheight, if you had inner peace, how could you want for anything? It doesn't make sense.

Cheers.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players"

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:14 am

Riken wrote: Snowheight, if you had inner peace, how could you want for anything? It doesn't make sense.
Exactly. The laughter emoticons were indicators of ironic intent.

All that I can say about what "I have now" in comparison to "my inner state" pre-Tollle is that it sure feels like inner peace. There are challenges, sure ... times when I'm clearly identified with some story or another ... but absent some dramatic stressor, a deep breath, a look at the mousehole and a contemplation of THAT question implied by Tolle's opening line in TPON brings it right on back.

While I understand what that guy was saying completely I still purpose to meditate and right now can't foresee when or why that would stop.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.