No Thingness

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Rick

No Thingness

Post by Rick » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:04 am

If there were no space, there could be no room. The room is much more than the walls or the ceiling and floor. The most important part of the room is the emptiness that makes the room possible. The emptiness is the most useful part. The emptiness, the no thingness of the vase makes it useful. Without the no thingness of space the universe itself could no exist. Without the no thingness of space there could be no planets, or stars or any other heavenly body. It is the same with silence. Silence is a no thing that makes all sound possible. Without silence there could be no music. Birds could not sing. When we pay attention to the silence between the notes of the song bird, when we notice the gaps of silence between our thoughts or notice the space between the walls of the room in which we sit, or the space between us and the moon above, we ourselves become silent and spacious. We are connecting with the silent and spacious no thing that makes everything else possible.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

snowheight

Re: No Thingness

Post by snowheight » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:19 am

sublime
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:08 am

Love it!!!!! Both, the picture and the writing. I feel the 'truth' of it. Thanks

ashley72

Post by ashley72 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 am

Thanks for sharing.... I personally find pointers to no-thing very powerful. It was connecting with the no-thing, that I realised the Mind loves to react to things.