Is my life aimless?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Nutkins2

Is my life aimless?

Post by Nutkins2 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi there all,

I feel at this age (44) that my life is aimless or is it the ego that tells me that?
Let me explain.
I am married but have no children but have a little dog whom i adore. I have a part time job as a waitress which i enjoy and i read, walk with my dog, computer, shop, etc in my spare time. I haven't got what you would call a social life, my best friend went back home to Slovenija and other friends moved up north, so i don't see them.

I feel that i am left out, as having no children, i don't feel i have anything in common with mothers in my neighbourhood and i am not a big talker anyway.
I read the PON 2 years ago and try to apply it to my life.

All my life i have felt odd and a loner but i am also a rebel who if i can't fit in, i'll try to be different.

I suppose my point is, is it my ego saying that my life is aimless, that i have no friends nearby so i can't be 'normal', etc.
I am always trying to feel that i must 'do' something not just go with the flow.

heidi

Re: Is my life aimless?

Post by heidi » Sun May 08, 2011 12:44 am

If you say so.
I suppose my point is, is it my ego saying that my life is aimless,
Yes, your life is aimless (as far as I know) except to post this post asking that question, says you have an aim, and your mind is in charge of it, too.

My life is aimless too. I know I'm going to end up on the compost. But in the meantime, I aim (I guess it's not aimless) to serve and bring as much joy and happiness to the world as I feel equipped to do.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

simpleaser

Post by simpleaser » Sun May 08, 2011 12:53 am

is it possible to enjoy an aimless life?

arel

Post by arel » Sun May 08, 2011 12:55 am

You are perceiving now. You are perceiving always. Maybe it's logical to conclude that perceiving is the whole aim.
What I say is only my viewpoint.

heidi

Post by heidi » Sun May 08, 2011 3:39 am

is it possible to enjoy an aimless life?
If you aim to. :mrgreen:
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

ashley72

Post by ashley72 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:35 am

This was posted in another thread and I think applies here about feeling loneliness.

Osho on Aloneness and Loneliness :

http://www.messagefrommasters.com/Spiri ... uotes1.htm

This quote relates to the question about purpose.
Your inner purpose is more important, than your outer purpose. "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" points to this truth. In other words, not your aims or your actions are primary, but the state of consciousness out of which they come. Fulfilling your primary purpose is laying the foundation for a new reality, a new earth. Once that foundation is there, your external purpose becomes charged with spiritual power because your aims and intentions will be one with the evolutionary impulse of the universe. Eckhart Tolle

Nutkins2

The road to hell!

Post by Nutkins2 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:51 pm

hi there all
thanks for your replies.

all my life i have lived from the outer purpose, maybe that's why i've found life frustrating. i am trying now to do the opposite, so i don't know the results of that yet! i have a lot of shoulds in my life (probably from a catholic upbringing) when i see a homeless person i feel frustrated that i cannot end their predicament but wading in where people might not want you to go isn't good either.

thanks for advice
Godbless
Nutkins2