spiritual big brother :D

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
braveheart

spiritual big brother :D

Post by braveheart » Mon May 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Wouldn't it be nice to put in a house 10 or 15 enlighened people for 100 days and see how they deal with daily life?
Imagine a house with Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, Adyashanti:"who do you nominate?", "I nominate myself, everybody is soooo kind!"...hahahah
I think it would be very intriguing to watch them in action rather than talking, to watch how they interact with eachother.
What do you say? :D

Kutso

Re: spiritual big brother :D

Post by Kutso » Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm

braveheart wrote:"who do you nominate?", "I nominate myself, everybody is soooo kind!"
It is not given that everybody would act that way. You cannot tell who's enlightened or not by their behavior.
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

arel

Post by arel » Thu May 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Not always true. Mindfulness is likely to show up in body language... one of the benefits of being in the physical presence of a "teacher"....
What I say is only my viewpoint.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Before enlightenment, put-note-on-neighbors-car-parked-in-your-spot-with-warning-of-trespassing.
Kutso wrote:
braveheart wrote:"who do you nominate?", "I nominate myself, everybody is soooo kind!"
It is not given that everybody would act that way. You cannot tell who's enlightened or not by their behavior.
After enlightenment, put-note-on-neighbors-car-parked-in-your-spot-with-warning-of-trespassing ...
arel wrote:Not always true. Mindfulness is likely to show up in body language... one of the benefits of being in the physical presence of a "teacher"....
... with better handwriting.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat May 14, 2011 1:19 am

snowheight wrote:... with better handwriting.
Funny... got a good chuckle.

Do enlightened ones know everything? Do they possess every skill? Are they unconditionally loving? Are they infinitely compassionate? Are they wise beyond improvement? Are they completely free of negative emotions like anger and fear. If not, it seems there may yet be interesting challenges for the co-habitating enlightened ones. So stuffing a bunch of guru's in a house together may just create a quality atmosphere of love and encouragement for some of those same challenges that the yet unwashed masses routinely face.

WW