Pre-Time Is No Accident

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Rick

Pre-Time Is No Accident

Post by Rick » Mon May 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Living in the Now has untold benefits. One of those benefits is the ability to function from a place some call pre-time. It is the place where, for example, the true martial artist operates from in combat. He can see his opponent's move even before the opponent knows he's going to make it. He sees it coming because he is in the Now and is a fraction of a second ahead of the opponent who functions in time. Thought delays timely action robbing one of the abilty to move in a perfectly timed way..."no thought" is Now, there is no delay. Taking to thought one gets left behind, if only for a millisecond, because thought is never Now. Thought induced action is already too late. Ever mindlessly catch something falling and wonder how you did it? That is pre-time...that is moving and being without thought in the Now.

Life can be and should be fun or at least an adventure. I was in a car accident the other week. The lady just plain didn't look. I saw it coming. Without thought I sped up and swerved in an attempt to avoid the unavoidable. I looked out the rear view mirror as she smacked my right side with a heavy whack and the sound of crumpling metal while knocking the rear of my jeep to the left. In slow motion I could see car parts flying everywhere. Now, believe it or not, as it turned out, the lady did some serious damage to her car, but she hit me directly on my right rear tire, blowing it out, but with no damage, repeat no damage, not even scratch, to the body of the jeep. No one had ever seen such a thing before. Not me, not the cops, not the wrecker crew that showed up. Looking at my jeep and her car you couldn't tell both of these cars were in the same accident. I have no doubt that if I hadn't been alert to speed up and swerve this would have turned out much differently.

I am sure that this whole accident was meant to be a teaching lesson for this lady. When I reached her she was an emotional wreck. A passer by was already comforting her. She knew it was her fault and was apologizing all over the place. I wanted her to know that everything was OK...that I wasn't upset or angry with her. When she was sure that I wasn't upset or angry began to calm down seeing my calm. When things were quieter we began to speak meaningfully. I told her that this is what happened when one isn't mindful and aware. She readily agreed. We spoke about learning to stay in the moment and out of thought. Because of the shock her mind was open to hearing truth. I strongly suggested Tolle's books to her. She promised she would read them. In the end we were laughing and having a bit of fun until the police and tow truck came. Her husband turned out to be the owner of a big shot auto repair service. He would check out my jeep and give me a new rear axle as a precaution and a brand new tire as well as complete check up. He was angry at his wife at first but I had an opportunity to speak of patience with him. He loosened up and let go of his seriousness. They were both grateful for the way I treated them, and they in turn treated me very well. Perhaps some of it was out of fear of law suit. but still they got to experience something completely different and new. And I marveled and had fun with the whole thing.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

xkatex

Re: Pre-Time Is No Accident

Post by xkatex » Mon May 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Beautiful :)

Perhaps if you hadn't been present, the situation would not have been resolved so neatly!

Laramie

Post by Laramie » Tue May 10, 2011 3:40 am

That's an amazing story Rick, it's really inspiring. She was really lucky to have collided with you...perhaps your conversation with her was exactly what she needed to get her out of her mind.

I was in a very bad car accident in 09...there's nothing like a big physical shake up to bring you right into the moment. I tore up ligaments and was badly hurt physically but for the next three months lived in utter joy and amazement that I was alive...this was before I started reading Tolle. Having been in almost 4 car accidents, they can turn out to be a blessing in disguise. (I'm not a bad driver...I swear lol :lol: )

Yumcha

Post by Yumcha » Sun May 15, 2011 3:55 pm

There is kindness inherent in every situation. We just have to get out of our own way to see it.

Rick saw it.

Rick

Post by Rick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 am

As I stated in the opening post of this thread. Living in the Now, pre-time, a millimeter ahead of events, has many benefits, for oneself and for others. This is an incredible example of how disaster was prevented by one very intuitive, very alert man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMujgAAyH-I

Rick

Post by Rick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm

In fairness I must add this note. A good friend pointed out that there is controversy surrounding this video. I didn't do my homework before posting. Longoria himself claims it to be a real event but others point out evidence that, if nothing else, the video was likely doctored to add the Gillette advertising on the stadium walls to take advantage of the publicity of the thing. There is also question as to the behavior of the batter and pitcher as being incongruous to the circumstance. Personally I can see how someone pitching and batting over and over, time after time could care less for where the ball goes than for the actual practice of batting and pitching itself. Though the example may possibly be contrived, I maintain that the principle of movement from a still, quiet mind as outlined in the first post above can work miracles just as illustrated in the video, contrived or not.

goldieflower

Post by goldieflower » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Rick wrote:Longoria himself claims it to be a real event
No, he says it was a commercial - well, I guess the filming was a real event! :lol:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisem ... ngoria.asp

Rick

Post by Rick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:44 pm

goldieflower wrote:
Rick wrote:Longoria himself claims it to be a real event
No, he says it was a commercial - well, I guess the filming was a real event! :lol:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/advertisem ... ngoria.asp
I guess the controversy lives: from http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/s ... al/1171580

He said the clip was filmed near the end of spring training, after Longoria spent nearly six hours filming a commercial for Gillette. Longoria said the video was shot at McKechnie Field in Bradenton, the spring home of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

The video — "It's still real, by the way," he said — was shot with a handheld camera in one take after the Gillette commercial wrapped.

"Unbelievable, huh?" Longoria, a spokesman for Gillette who has filmed other ads, said. "It's funny when you talk about things going viral; it really does once it gets on things like Twitter and YouTube. It goes from a small snowball to an avalanche quickly."

That's Longoria's story. But we're not buying it.

Here's why.

In the video there are four Gillette logos visible — two behind home plate and two on a roof facade over the third-base bleachers. But those logos aren't part of McKechnie Field in real life, Trevor Gooby, the Pirates' director of Florida operations, told a reporter for Patch.com. The logos were added digitally and included in the final video that was posted on YouTube.

Further, the person who posted the video, MrSprts12, didn't create his YouTube account until May 4 and didn't post the video until May 6 — at least a month after Longoria said it was filmed. Why would someone wait so long to post video so sensational?

And then there's something about the TV interview footage that's missing. There are no television station symbols or letters on the graphic at the bottom of the video, and the reporter is holding a microphone without a "flag" that identifies the station where the reporter works. Stranger yet, we could not find the video posted on any news site.