Feeling bad

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Riken

Re: Feeling bad

Post by Riken » Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 pm

HandfullaMinerals wrote:
the key master wrote:So while the end of suffering might be an accurate description for someone looking backward, it doesn't do jackshit for someone looking forward.
I like this, it all depends what stage you are at. It's relatively easy to face our feelings, but a lot of average people would reel back in fear from their 'bad' feelings.

There are 2 dimensions when it comes to feeling. Vertical is showing them the light of consciousness. Horizontal is thought and expression, direct feelings outward as opposed to feeling them.
Looking forward as in the future TKM? Not sure I get this.
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players"

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri May 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Yo riken.

Yes I was speaking in the context of "the path".

The mind gets comfortable in mind states, or states of knowingness. It prefers to be stuck even if unconsciously. The next step is really only taken when there is no other alternative.

The logic might go, "I haven't suffered in 6 months, well this must be enlightenment and clearly there is nothing left to do. Besides, there is no doer anyway so who gives a hooty hoot about whaty what?"

Further, always moving further. The starting point and the destination are not the same thing. Neither are real to begin. There is only an ever expanding forward progression of consciousness. Understanding is part of this forward moving progression. Your mind takes my thoughts, interweaves your own thoughts with them, and a new understanding is formed. This is how consciousness teaches itself. There is only ever one thing going on and even that statement must miss the mark.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 pm

the key master wrote:Your mind takes my thoughts, interweaves your own thoughts with them, and a new understanding is formed. This is how consciousness teaches itself. There is only ever one thing going on and even that statement must miss the mark.
Yes it does as all concepts, thoughts and expressions must ... but that comes pretty close!
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.