Hehe

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
alex

Hehe

Post by alex » Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 am

Hi guys, well recently I've had a pretty big break through. It's quite funny really as I've come to this whole spirituality shebang in quite an opposite manner to many folk. For a long time I've felt dragged along by the scruff of my neck while very strongly resisting and trying to just keep on dreaming. But unfortunately for little me I have dicovered that you can't have a foot in both doors. But maybe this stage in the journey happens for many when you begin to realise that it actually means entirely surrendering who you thought yourself to be? Dang the ego death is quite spectacular! The things it was throwing at me where unreal, the fear made me feel like all of me was dying!
But when I finally realised that there was just no point to that little voice I surrendered... and realised THIS! And when I look over there, just THIS! Its so damn simple.
Anyway the real reason for this post was that I wanted to share a moment I had. My mind still chatters away in the back ground a bit and today I was just sitting down looking around when the thought 'but what do I do?!' floated across my consciousness. I pissed myself laughing. How absurd, how can there be anything to do in order to be this?
So I guess my message is for anyone out there still trying to get somewhere. The desiring force within you is just the mind. There is absolutely nothing you can do. Not one single thing. You're already here.

runstrails

Re: Hehe

Post by runstrails » Thu May 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Lovely post, alex. Makes total sense to me!

Tara

Post by Tara » Thu May 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Love reading your posts alex. I am not quite there yet, but am constantly reminding myself to come back to HERE. When my mind wanders and asking what is next, what do I do now, I recognize or "feel" in the way back distance, the truth of there is nothing I can do, I am already here.

I guess the good thing is I am recognizing the thought patterns and hopefully by doing that then the peace will come. For instance for the past 5 years I have kind of worked in a job that is considered as an independent contractor. So good when I am working, but down times too. Just coming off one now and my mind is saying what next?? BUT I have recognized the fear behind it, what if I don't get another one of these jobs that I enjoy doing and have to go get a minimum wage job, scrubbing toilets, working in fast food, or what if I can't find a job at all??...which then leads to thinking how old I am getting, and on and on.

I am also realizing when I don't stress as much about this subject, things happen anyways and it all works out! I am trying to now instill the thought in me, let's see what is next instead of the worry thought, oh no what do I do now, what is next.. :lol:

alex: "The desiring force within you is just the mind. There is absolutely nothing you can do. Not one single thing. You're already here."
A real gem of words

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu May 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Good one! Thanks for sharing.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.