so I just read a New Earth

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Amorbis

so I just read a New Earth

Post by Amorbis » Thu May 26, 2011 8:51 pm

and my "awakening" has intensified to an unimaginable scale and my ego has completely dissolved. What do I do with my life now?- i feel like i have no sense of direction anymore and will want to hurt myself or something or wont be able to keep going/stay on track in life. I've thought of suicide before. Please help me?

snowheight

Re: so I just read a New Earth

Post by snowheight » Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Amorbis wrote:and my "awakening" has intensified to an unimaginable scale and my ego has completely dissolved. What do I do with my life now?- i feel like i have no sense of direction anymore and will want to hurt myself or something or wont be able to keep going/stay on track in life. I've thought of suicide before. Please help me?

Do whatever seems to be "required" based on the circumstances of the current life situation.

There is an apparent student, correct?

Follow the schedule, go to class, do the work. Do it from a place of no-mind and no-identity. Give it all of your apparent attention and energy. Sign the name at the top of the papers that you submit as if you are putting on a pair of shoes.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

hanss

Post by hanss » Thu May 26, 2011 9:19 pm

Conventional therapy and maybe medication is something to consider imo. The ego is very clever has many ways to resist what is happening, one of it's most powerful weapons is depression. The way you talk about this and your situation makes me think that is the case. (Nothing wrong with that). Can you get any help where you live?
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

Riken

Post by Riken » Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 am

Amorbis, as I've previously asked you (and you've dodged the question before), please describe this realization or awakening.

All of your posts are so vague and make so little sense, it leaves people confused as to whether your just fooling yourself or your just a troll.

I know this sounds harsh, but how many times are you going to post the same thing without any elaboration? How can you expect guidance and help when you don't even describe your experience properly?
"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players"

tod

Post by tod » Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 am

You, from the ego perspective, are putting a negative spin on being - as being empty and fearful. It is actually open, accepting and allowing, sometimes called compassionate or loving, and you are that. What more do you want to do in life than essentially be that?

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Fri May 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Amorbis wrote: i feel like i have no sense of direction anymore and will want to hurt myself or something or wont be able to keep going/stay on track in life. I've thought of suicide before. Please help me?
Amorbis,

Please answer a question for me, and I urge you to be as honest as possible, without any regard to what you think the answer should be in the context of this forum.

When you say that you "feel like i have no sense of direction", are you worried? Do you feel anxiety? (are you anxious?) Do you feel a sense of dread, of impending doom?
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

simpleaser

Post by simpleaser » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 pm

you must become leader of the world

it will be a long arduous stuggle but we believe in you

far_eastofwest

Post by far_eastofwest » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 am

You sound like you are feeling a bit depressed.
Perhaps take a step back and just do some enjoyable things and complete some unfinished tasks without thinking too deeply about it.

Maybe you're not ready to 'find' something within you. Sometimes you look for the wrong thing and it simply isn't there or not there Yet.

"the hardest thing to find in a dark room is a black cat, especially if there is no cat".

As for motivation, that sense of direction, personally I have during my life done what I please. That doesn't mean its all fun, but regardless of what I pick to DO, be it a course on accounting or a small business, sewing a dress, building a deck or catching airborne yeast to make real bread, once I start I finish it, and work through the boring bits, after all it was my choice to start and I don't second guess my own choices (with something that has no definate end like a business I set a time at the start, ie, 12 mths to review).

If something isn't working (ie, 'awakening'), try something else, at least for awhile. Sometimes its as simple as painting your nails black (truly, i told a friend this when she was mourning and really depressed, I didn't mean it really but it just came out.... she did it and said it really helped.)

cheerio!
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....