Marijuana On My Mind

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Rick

Marijuana On My Mind

Post by Rick » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:19 pm

I smoked marijuana for some time in the past. I know that pot has a slightly different effect on the individual but mainly it is a mind expander. In my case it would take ordinary thought and put them on steroids so to speak. Under the influence my thoughts would become strikingly singular, brilliantly clear, extremely vivid with one thought birthing a connecting thought that had, to the un-in-formed me, the appearance of enlightened revelation.

If one had good perception, had been observant of human behavior and if one had an inclination toward "truth" the addition of marijuana could make for some very interesting, and ultimately enslaving experiences, all of course within the confines of the egoic mind.

When high with I could psychoanalysis others with an apparent precision. I could pontificate with a seeming authority that would take others a back, and freak out many others as it became far too deep and too close to "reality" for those not interested in reality. But in the end, it was all technically wrong as the drug made Love and proper timing impossible to operate at the same time. Pot is a mind expander. Love is a mind trancended. Luke 16:13 "No one can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and (confidence in a self)"

Before the time of Understanding, before the process of liberation from mind begins, people live within their egocentric head according to their conditioning. Each person has basically two competing voices in the head, a postive one and a negative one. It is symbolized by some as an Angel (conscience) standing on your right shoulder whispering "good" thoughts in your ear while the Devil, on your left shoulder, speaks temptation into your other ear. If one does not know yet that thoughts are not who they are, and if one is spiritually inclined with a learned, intellectual knowledge base of truth, the effects of marijuana can lead to a deadly trap.

It is usually fairly easy to recognise and disregard the voice of temptation as not you (It: "Go ahead, jump off that cliff!" You: "Screw that!") but coming to see the voice of "good" (a seeming guiding conscience) as not you, is not as easy. When ordinary "good" thoughts are subjected to the mind expanding effects of marijuana it can be quite intoxicating, even as it reinforces the false notion that you are your thoughts. How can enhanced "good" thoughts be wrong? How can "realized truth" thoughts be false? That is the trap. Until it is seen that our identity is not in any thought, apparent good or apparent bad, then we are doomed to remain caught up in the illusion. Marijuana serves as a benevolent, entertaining though deadly keeper of that illusion.

I can illustrate marijuana's effect on the mind by analogy to an ordinary movie theater. It takes great Presence to not get lost in the fantasy playing out on the giant screen in a darkened theater. One easily gets caught up in the story forgetting who they are, where they are, forgetting even the person with whom they came sitting next to them. The average person in the theater is far away from Presence and has become a part of the fantasy as ones attention is completely absorbed into the story playing out on the screen. Now, imagine going to an IMAX theater with a much larger, curved screen designed to absorb your entire peripheral vision, facilitated by much closer seating and the wearing of googles to watch the intense, mind-blowing 3D movie play out. You are now even further cut-off from Presence as the intensity of the experience is greatly expanded and magnified. The illusion is that much deeper and stronger. It seems to be real. The effects are similar to what marijuana can do to ordinary human thought only in a more lasting way. A movie can take you away from Presence for a short time. Marijuana can affect your entire sense of self as long as it isn't seen through.

Osho: "Drugs, alcohol, or other sorts of intoxicants, they have always been used by religious people. But through them you never move into the reality. Through them you fall into a torpor, into a coma. And in that coma you can have dreams."
Last edited by Rick on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

the key master

Re: Marijuana On My Mind

Post by the key master » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 pm

In addition to what rick said, weed can be a useful tool in terms of transcendance. It can actually promote delusional projection, so that it can be witnessed and understood. Meaning, for a mind which has starved itself of thought, a body which has weaned itself off emotion, marijuana can get the wheels turning, and those emotions churning, which of course will cause fear to arise in one way or another, sometimes experienced as paranoia, which is one form of delusional projection. Intentionally perpetuating delusional thinking isn't something I would recommend to many people though.

Thats probably why some people "freak out" on weed. The mental stimulation is just too much to handle for the rigid structured mind that only thinks along certain familiar thought lines.
Osho said,
"Drugs, alcohol, or other sorts of intoxicants, they have always been used by religious people. But through them you never move into the reality. Through them you fall into a torpor, into a coma. And in that coma you can have dreams."
My guess is that a blunt of NYC sour diesel might take osho out of his delusional coma and back into the dreamworld where he exists just like anyone else :lol: The guy is clearly a lightweight. Just because he cant handle his shit doesnt mean you cant have some fun. Although, dont listen to a word I say. Letting other people tell you what you should want, THAT is the coma. That said, I stay away from the sticky icky these days. The body is a temple. And with that said, Osho has a valid point. I just like to bust on the guy.

nightowl

Post by nightowl » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:01 pm

I like getting high, so I get high sometimes. Simple as that.

Who's making these rules about what we 'should' and 'shouldn't' do, anyway?

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:57 am

Nightowl, obviously in your life you make your own rules, regardless of what others say we are likely to be directed by personal flows of avoiding pain or seeking pleasure.

The thing is some are not aware of this, even less are aware that avoidance of reality is the godsend of those seeking to not only promote (and profit from) a panacea for suffering, but they create or increase the notion of suffering in the first place, in order to supply you (and profit from) the panacea. They know what to tap into (fear) in order to make things that create short term pleasure, but long term pain.

Whether that panacea is alcohol, drugs, television, gambling, shopping for 'stuff' that makes you feel better about who you are, or any other avoidance of reality.

The 'hook' principles are all the same, create or talk up suffering/fear/insecurity (and remember here suffering is the distance between expectation and reality) so create or talk up expectations that are unrealistic, reinforce a fear that it's 'you' that is doing something wrong to not achieve these 'expectations', provide the form of solace between you and the crutch - all this crutch need do is provide you with bursts of short-term pleasure that becomes its own relief from the longer term pain (difference here.. pain is real, suffering is imagined) - and make that crutch more your friend than anyone/thing, particularly your 'self', your place to hideaway from the world and reality, the one that 'rewards' you, and is there for you even when everyone else has given up on you, even your 'self'.

For some it's in a needle that blurs reality; a smoke that gives you 'time out'; a bottle that at first gives pleasure and ends up alleviating pain; a betting ticket that makes you feel in control of your destiny and ends up becoming your destiny; poker machine coin/note slot that provides lights, music, a stage and relationship between you and a machine that 'rewards' you with little 'wins' or even bigger 'wins' always with the promise that there might be more where that came from and because you 'know' it - it 'speaks' to you, congratulates you, says you're a 'winner' you keep feeding it to continue that relationship; or a credit card that allows you to spend before you've earned and more than you may earn alleviating the real ceiling of your financial capability; the 'ching' of the cash register and 'praise' from the shop assistant for 'spoiling' yourself with luxuries; soapies where 'characters' are 'living' life and share with you their innermost 'secrets'; etc etc etc

Sadly many don't realise the 'rules' that we place on ourselves to allow 'freedom to', end up swallowing our 'freedom from'.

Rick, did you ever listen to someone else orating their 'thoughts on steriods' while you were straight? Or watch a group of stoned people laughing, harder to see clearly from the inside than the outside.

Moments of clarity in life can 'blow you away' when straight, but it has no side or after-effects because they are precious 'moments', not a means to an end, or ever really able to be duplicated - only 'expectation' can distort them.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

nightowl

Post by nightowl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:52 am

Smileyjen, when I asked "Who makes the rules" I was thinking more in terms of the 'Rules of Awakening'. And what I mean by that is there seems to be pre-conceived notions of how one must act if one wants to become self-realized (or whatever you want to call it.) And in my view anyway, that doesn't seem to include fun.

So my comment was just a bit of rebellious attitude. I hope I didn't offend.

Rick

Post by Rick » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:43 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Rick, did you ever listen to someone else orating their 'thoughts on steriods' while you were straight? Or watch a group of stoned people laughing, harder to see clearly from the inside than the outside.
True enough. Watching a video play back of ones self while under the influence can be quite shocking and illuminating as well.
smiileyjen101 wrote:Moments of clarity in life can 'blow you away' when straight, but it has no side or after-effects because they are precious 'moments', not a means to an end, or ever really able to be duplicated - only 'expectation' can distort them.
Absolutely. I love too meaningful conversation with the like-minded where each is a conduit to learning things neither has ever heard tell before.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:39 am

Smileyjen, when I asked "Who makes the rules" I was thinking more in terms of the 'Rules of Awakening'. And what I mean by that is there seems to be pre-conceived notions of how one must act if one wants to become self-realized (or whatever you want to call it.) And in my view anyway, that doesn't seem to include fun.

So my comment was just a bit of rebellious attitude. I hope I didn't offend.
No offence taken nightowl Gees if it wasn't fun I'd have dropped it eons ago :wink: oh maybe that's where I'm going 'wrong' :roll: Nah, all good. Really, recognising honest pleasure, putting joy into your life and being in a state of enthusiasm is a ton of fun.

I really like what key master said,
In addition to what rick said, weed can be a useful tool in terms of transcendance.

It can actually promote delusional projection, so that it can be witnessed and understood.

Meaning, for a mind which has starved itself of thought, a body which has weaned itself off emotion, marijuana can get the wheels turning, and those emotions churning, which of course will cause fear to arise in one way or another, sometimes experienced as paranoia, which is one form of delusional projection.

Intentionally perpetuating delusional thinking isn't something I would recommend to many people though.
Rick said: Watching a video play back of ones self while under the influence can be quite shocking and illuminating as well.
Watching a video playback of ones self at any time can be shocking and illuminating :lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

JeBro

Post by JeBro » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:07 pm

Have you guys ever tried using cannabis for medical purposes? I have been diagnosed with glaucoma for almost a year now and I've been searching any alternative medicine that can help me then i came across this article that says marijuana can be used to treat and prevent glaucoma. I've been planning to try this kind of strain here in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/bubba-kush/ but i have no idea where to start or buy. Can you guys give me any tips or any ideas that can help me? Thank you!