Thoughts, on becoming famous

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
soren008
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by soren008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:28 pm

what do you think, about being famous?
is it to be really avoided
but an awakened being can't exactly hide
what do you think brother?
post something
tell me your thoughts
what do you think? :lol:
what do you think?
what do you think?
what do you think?

User avatar
TylerDurden
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by TylerDurden » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Find out what's true. Then do whatever the hell you feel like.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

18andlife
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by 18andlife » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:06 pm

tell me your thoughts
The occurrence of being famous: no problem.
The attachement to being famous: big problem.

:wink:

soren008
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by soren008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 pm

TylerDurden wrote:Find out what's true. Then do whatever the hell you feel like.
hmmm right

soren008
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by soren008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

18andlife wrote:
tell me your thoughts
The occurrence of being famous: no problem.
The attachement to being famous: big problem.

:wink:
ok
what about how people behave around you?
what about that hey
the way people respond

18andlife
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by 18andlife » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 pm

soren008 wrote:what about how people behave around you?
what about that hey
the way people respond
Whether people ignore you because you're ordinary or whether people make a big fuss over you because your are famous, either way you have no control over it. The degree to which you'll suffer in either situation depends on the degree of attachment you have to either situation.

If you are attached to wanting to be famous, you'll suffer. And even if you are famous, if you're attached to that situation you'll suffer because you're afraid to lose it.

Anything you can gain a fresh will be lost. To construct a sense of identity around something you feel you have gained will yield no benefit.

You don't have to concern yourself with the "what if's" or worry about other people's reactions. -Famous or not you, can see the outcome of attachment as plain as day in your own life.

User avatar
mistral
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by mistral » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:56 pm

18andlife seems to be saying it very well :D

My mentor and teacher William Samuel was asked this many years ago
and here is his answer to this question that I think you will enjoy reading:

Q: Why do you not permit a following?
A: I think that's been answered already. It isn't that I don't permit a following; I simply don't encourage one. I go to great lengths to stop any personal veneration of Sambo. Please understand, to whatever extent I allow Samuel to be the object of praise and veneration (instead of God-self) to that same extent I create the tangible situation which must appear to bring Samuel down in the eyes of the venerator. That is self-flagellation I can do without. It is difficult enough already for the few of us on earth who have been given the task of waging worldwide battle against the power of belief. Most tenacious among those beliefs is the insanity that one must be either a leader or a follower. Allness leads what? Singleness follows whom? The Seminal Idea discloses Identity to be nothing less than the Ineffable's very own Self-awareness! Every grain of sand and star in the heavens shouts the proof of this fact. Every flower that blooms and wild bird that flys verifies the changelessness of this fact. When the story is told properly--and listened to as a child listens--the individual awakens to DOMINION, to his birthright, his heritage from the beginning, and there is no more need of teachers. SOMEONE must make the honest statement in such a manner, and at this time that one is me--and shall be--until it comes to me to do otherwise. Tell me, if on the world scene I have been successful in disclosing DOMINION to those who have come to me, would this produce a following of sycophants? No. We are a camaraderie of living Light and love to whom the entire world will turn when our time has come. Like LaoTse who lived his Light silently and alone while working square in the middle of the teeming scholasticism of his day, we avoid human entanglements and personal popularity like the plague. We honor the Light that is Life, that every person is. We my very well appreciate a mirror that speaks to us with clarity and honesty--and we may consider that mirror unique among mirrors--but the authority lies with the awareness that looks into that mirror, and not the mirror. (William Samuel 1972)


And Yes, he was very successful in disclosing Dominion to those who came to him. He was very gifted with the written word and so books still communicate this the Living Light that others can know It directly--- his work continues to lead many to Dominion.

He was an extraordinary humble, gentle, and wise teacher, and that feeling comes through when you read his books.

Much Love, Mistral

soren008
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by soren008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:11 pm

He uses words, Dominion hmmm that's a strange word
I don't know how it related - I read, it may have been in the Tao te ching, to be careful with who you show your talents to
but, it's kind of impossible, to avoid
he uses words, they don't really speak to me, its poetry, very poetic
rhetoric
not for me, no

soren008
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by soren008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:22 pm

Whether people ignore you because you're ordinary or whether people make a big fuss over you because your are famous, either way you have no control over it. The degree to which you'll suffer in either situation depends on the degree of attachment you have to either situation.

That's right, that's right, yes that's right, yeah, I see

If you are attached to wanting to be famous, you'll suffer. And even if you are famous, if you're attached to that situation you'll suffer because you're afraid to lose it.

Yeah ok, I get it

Anything you can gain a fresh will be lost. To construct a sense of identity around something you feel you have gained will yield no benefit.

hmm, I know

You don't have to concern yourself with the "what if's" or worry about other people's reactions. -Famous or not you, can see the outcome of attachment as plain as day in your own life.

Yeah, yeah Attachment, Attachment, hmmm, Can see the outcome of attachment? yes yeah ok
right

but the psychic or existance of being famous must be intense, it must be hard, right

soren008
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by soren008 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:42 pm

My mentor and teacher William Samuel was asked this many years ago

yeah

and here is his answer to this question that I think you will enjoy reading:

right

And Yes,

yeah

he was very successful

yeah

in disclosing Dominion

hmm hmm

to those who came to him.

cool

He was very gifted with the written word

yeah

and so books still communicate

that's good, I guess

this the Living Light

poetic

that others can know It directly

sure

--- his work continues to lead many to Dominion.

Dominion, right

He was an extraordinary humble,

aye

gentle,

aww

and wise teacher,

wise teacher

and that feeling

that feeling

comes through

it comes through

when you read his books.

oh

Much Love,

yeah I don't believe you!

Mistral

Mistral, good name

User avatar
mistral
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by mistral » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 am

Sornen008 :D Very funny :lol: And actually quite cute!

However, one thing I'd like to explain;

William Samuel uses the Dominion, in this case, to mean that you "know who are are" , you know What Is and What is Not, and therefore you are no longer beholden to beliefs in the false human concepts . You no longer are subject to "things, and situations" --- Dominion is when you realize that things have no power---This is understood now that you Know The Truth of your Real Identity--- You are This Unbound Awareness, and you do not possess Awareness, Awareness is Being all 'things'----Awareness comes first, Those who have Dominion are those who understand from The Unlimited View of Self, Self being Awareness, not some thing, not some limited belief 'me-sense' that lives our from a birth to death perspective. Dominion is what I guess you call "enlightenment" but my teacher didn't use that word as much as some do.

Here is an article from one of his books that describes better what I mean:

http://www.williamsamuel.com/10-16-10-P ... things.htm

His writing seems poetic because he wrote to the Heart, not to the intellect, though eventually the intellect does understand too, but he knows he is writing in a way so the Heart can hear and it feels like The Bell Rings and Lights go on, because he can hit certain cords, almost like the Heart hears music and music is universal---He does that with his words with intention to do so--and it works wonders!

I hope you read that piece I have link to--- it really is excellent and very helpful

Love and Laughter and Joy to all, Mistral

User avatar
Rick
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by Rick » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 am

mistral wrote:18andlife seems to be saying it very well :D

My mentor and teacher William Samuel was asked this many years ago
and here is his answer to this question that I think you will enjoy reading:

Q: Why do you not permit a following?
A: I think that's been answered already. It isn't that I don't permit a following; I simply don't encourage one. I go to great lengths to stop any personal veneration of Sambo. Please understand, to whatever extent I allow Samuel to be the object of praise and veneration (instead of God-self) to that same extent I create the tangible situation which must appear to bring Samuel down in the eyes of the venerator. That is self-flagellation I can do without. It is difficult enough already for the few of us on earth who have been given the task of waging worldwide battle against the power of belief. Most tenacious among those beliefs is the insanity that one must be either a leader or a follower. Allness leads what? Singleness follows whom? The Seminal Idea discloses Identity to be nothing less than the Ineffable's very own Self-awareness! Every grain of sand and star in the heavens shouts the proof of this fact. Every flower that blooms and wild bird that flys verifies the changelessness of this fact. When the story is told properly--and listened to as a child listens--the individual awakens to DOMINION, to his birthright, his heritage from the beginning, and there is no more need of teachers. SOMEONE must make the honest statement in such a manner, and at this time that one is me--and shall be--until it comes to me to do otherwise. Tell me, if on the world scene I have been successful in disclosing DOMINION to those who have come to me, would this produce a following of sycophants? No. We are a camaraderie of living Light and love to whom the entire world will turn when our time has come. Like LaoTse who lived his Light silently and alone while working square in the middle of the teeming scholasticism of his day, we avoid human entanglements and personal popularity like the plague. We honor the Light that is Life, that every person is. We my very well appreciate a mirror that speaks to us with clarity and honesty--and we may consider that mirror unique among mirrors--but the authority lies with the awareness that looks into that mirror, and not the mirror. (William Samuel 1972)


And Yes, he was very successful in disclosing Dominion to those who came to him. He was very gifted with the written word and so books still communicate this the Living Light that others can know It directly--- his work continues to lead many to Dominion.

He was an extraordinary humble, gentle, and wise teacher, and that feeling comes through when you read his books.

Much Love, Mistral
Samuel was a very wise man.

Mistral, how did you know him?
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

18andlife
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by 18andlife » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:17 am

but the psychic or existance of being famous must be intense, it must be hard, right
I'm pleased to say I don't know the answer to that. But what I do know is that there is considerable value in the reason why you are asking the question.

User avatar
mistral
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by mistral » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:53 am

Rick wrote:Samuel was a very wise man.

Mistral, how did you know him?
Hi Rick,

Thank you for the gracious comments.

Yes, I did know him personally---although he had lots of people who knew him--People from all over the world would come to see him. He was so down-to-earth and funny and unpretentious, so I know he did not ever want to be put on a pedestal. He would always remind us that we are the Same Awareness---"Every teacher and book is within this awareness-- we are always looking at our Self" He knew that no one was better than any someone else, because really in the Light of Truth there is Only One Self , there is no one and nothing separate from This Awareness -- This Awareness right here, right now is "our" Only, Single, One Identity.

I love to share William Samuel's work with others, because his way of writing and saying it is just so easy for the Heart to understand and LIVE! I want others to find his work so they too can know for themselves this Great Joy and Peace that is Immediate and Real.

For me, his message can be trusted. He always speaks the Truth clearly and with Honest Knowing. He always said he did not write anything that he himself had not "tried, tested and proven true"---I appreciate honest Truth, not just parroting others, William Really Lived It and Knows what he speaks of and knows how to tell of It so that we can get it too --- Now these years later, little by little, glimmer upon glimmer, My Own Sweet Peace and Joy found Me ---It is Grace ---and Grace was not something I thought I would find on this journey, but low and behold, Grace too came along-- It takes my hand and leads me now through all my days, absolutely without doubt It is Real and Here--- so, I share William Samuel, because My Heart bursts with enthusiasm or his work.

Thank you Rick, Much Love to You, Mistral

User avatar
Rick
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: Thoughts, on becoming famous

Post by Rick » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 am

Mistral,

I can't help but to see that everything Samuel had, you have. His was a brilliant soul. I get that you want others to see and enjoy his Light as you do/did. His Truth is Timeless and Eternal, though his form was for a different era. But truly, That which was in him is in You and You shine just as brightly as he did. Your words are just as Timeless and Eternal, and I love reading them. Share Samuel yes, but don't neglect your own Light. It is for this time.

Rick
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

Post Reply