Can psychopaths become enlightened?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Blenderhead

Re: Can psychopaths become enlightened?

Post by Blenderhead » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 am

It's seems obvious that psychopaths experience pain, they experience restlesness and anger but project their anger unto other people and blame them. To lose inner stillness is pain, I know :D

nutrition

Post by nutrition » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:07 am

Maybe psychopaths can't relate to other peoples suffering, but that doesn't mean that they can't experience extreme suffering themselves.
It's seems obvious that psychopaths experience pain, they experience restlesness and anger but project their anger unto other people and blame them. To lose inner stillness is pain, I know
Yes, I can testify to that even if at times I thought it was a big fat lie.... My husband said he was in so much pain that he considered suicide. Then the fact that he said that I was the cause of it was the aspect that left me perplexed.

Also the means he chose to end the marriage kind of shows me that the pain is relative because if you are suicidal you think of anything but having sex with other women....by cheating and then declaring that the other woman made him happy/helped it shows that he gives power to others to either make him or break him. But that after all he can deal with it pretty well and maybe even be happier than he was before.

How big the odds are of a psychopath discovering the truth I would say differ as much among psychopaths as among normal people.
Totally agree!

Blessing

Ziendus

Post by Ziendus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:18 am

> he gives power to others to either make him or break him

Too many orgasms ?
---ooOoo---

nutrition

Post by nutrition » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 am

I guess that could be a measure for happiness...and can you really have "too many" orgasms? :lol:

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:27 pm

nutrition wrote:I guess that could be a measure for happiness...and can you really have "too many" orgasms? :lol:
Maybe not for women. ;)
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

Ziendus

Post by Ziendus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Kutso is right.
There is a difference.

>can you really have "too many" orgasms?

It depends on your viewpoint.
Personally: yes.
---ooOoo---

tenderboy

Post by tenderboy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:43 pm

... but Psychopaths are enlightened already^^ They just can't accept it to be :D

P.S.: In those times in which I am completely identified with thoughts, I can also not feel empathy or something. In fact, I am not feeling anything anymore, except the headache. Does this mean that I am a psychopath? You may say that or you may say no, at least it doesn't matter because "psychopath" is only a concept put on living human beings. No one is a psychopath or if you don't want to accept that, it is also somehow true that everyone is one^^

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:37 am

Tenderboy, the fact that you 'identify' the lack of empathy as a psychopathic tendency kind of leads to the notion that you're not a psychopath
a) they think empathy is a weakness - so it's the absolute reverse of oneness in a loving sense, and
b) they wouldn't in a million years consider themselves even possibly able to be 'labelled' as a psychopath - they are perfect (in their own minds) it's everyone else who has a problem.

Lack of empathy is only one characteristic and it's not a 'sometimes' thing. Sure they can fake it occasionally - if its in their interests and they a) remember to and b) can be bothered. Ruthless business leaders, military leaders, political leaders with psychopathic tendencies see these traits as a good thing - how else could they do what they do?
Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative
Lack of remorse or guilt
Shallow affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric)
Callousness; lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Hare - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:00 am

I watched a documentary called "I, Psychopath", which follows a man who claims to be a psychopath. Quite interesting actually. In it they speculate that most psychopaths seem very normal. It's only a small percentage of all psychopaths that are really violent and destructive.
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

Ziendus

Post by Ziendus » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:06 pm

---ooOoo---

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:47 am

Kutso said: most psychopaths seem very normal. It's only a small percentage of all psychopaths that are really violent and destructive.
That's how I understand it too Kutso - if you look at 1% of the population that's a lot of people. Most learn how to function within societal boundaries, many are extrememly successful in 'ruthless' occupations or positions, yes some 'may' abuse the power or authority, many are extremely intelligent.

The 'criminal' element is supposed to be about 1% of the 1% and many others who don't have this inability can also be capable of criminal and violent behaviour.

It's an interesting field of study - how folks live/survive with the inability to process this 'caring' chemical, and the nuances of their thinking at times. As the Dalai Lama would say, sometimes we may not like the action, but we can still love the person. (with the proviso of being loving does not mean submitting to abuse).
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

tenderboy

Post by tenderboy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:22 pm

If that is the case what you say, then you have to judge me also as a psychopath. But then you have also to see, that you are putting labels on me and this means at least that you would abuse me.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 am

Tenderboy the labels apply to behaviours, the terminology details 'why' these behaviours might manifest.
I wouldn't label anyone without vigorous examination both behavioural and clinical.
To ignore the reasons behind some behaviours is more abusive than to understand them and to work as consciously and healthily as possible.
(if that makes sense)

For me it's no different to any other disability - eg a person with diabetes is unable to process insulin and that leads to behaviours and outcomes if ignored. And as I detailed earlier, you wouldn't expect a blind person to draw something they've never seen etc etc

For me it's facing reality and working within it rather than having unrealistic expectations of someone unable to respond how we might like them to.

Rubber Soul

Post by Rubber Soul » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 pm

First of all, I want to agree with UnbornAwakened that almost no one living on Earth will ever be enlightened. The collective ego is probably as large as its ever been these days.

Anyway, I just know psychopathy is a genetically inherited condition and that psychopaths have no problem not thinking. Except, in my opinion, they are almost always below thought, not above thought like Eckhart. They are pure ego, like someone else stated in this thread.

tenderboy

Post by tenderboy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Conciousness can't be ill and there can't be pure Ego, if there is also conciousness.