Noone else just numb due to these teachings?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
dijmart

Re: Noone else just numb due to these teachings?

Post by dijmart » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Kutso wrote:dijmart,

I see. So, basically it's seeing that one is not the body and that one is not the one doing all the things the body does. Sounds familiar... :)
I know what your saying and it may be similar? However, DD is dysfunctional to life and what you're referring to is the opposite of dysfunction. The difference lies in the realization or non-realization of awareness being the "real" you.
Hope that made sense...LOL
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Igor15

Post by Igor15 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:25 pm

ashley72 wrote:
In physics, objective reality (material reality) is defined as that which exists whether or not it is being observed. A fundamental problem with this definition is that it can never be verified by observation because all of our observations, without exception, are purely subjective and can never go beyond the mind (see Section 1.1).
and....
As we have seen, all objects, including the body-mind organism, stem from concepts. (As we shall see in Section 11.4, objects appear when Awareness identifies with these concepts. We can call this process objectification.) The world in each mind can be conceptualized as simply a collection of thoughts, feelings, sensations, and perceptions. In this conceptualization, the body-mind organism consists of thoughts, feelings, sensations, and some of the perceptions, while the "external' world consists of the remainder of the perceptions. The focus of this course is to see that all objects, especially the individual "I", are fundamentally conceptual, although some objects appear deceptively persistent and solid.
A very straight forward way to understand Objective Reality - is to see it as a process of separating and naming into "things" or divisions. If thinking subsides.... this process of separating and naming also subsides. It is still seen as wholistic .... but it is no longer separating & named into "things". These things include sensations, sounds, feelings, perceptions, thoughts, memories etc. Any thing which has a definitive nature.

The "thing" referred to as "me" is also part of object reality.... separating & naming process. Therefore it is nothing more than a concept.... a very persistent concept. :D
Ashley72, I have no objections to all that except that thinking never subsides till the body exists. Thinking is the result of the body functioning and at the same time the body exists as a result of thinking. In other words they are the same thing. It is thought. If thinking subsides it is as such only for the body which subsides too.

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:46 pm

dijmart wrote: I know what your saying and it may be similar? However, DD is dysfunctional to life and what you're referring to is the opposite of dysfunction. The difference lies in the realization or non-realization of awareness being the "real" you.
Hope that made sense...LOL
So, one who has DD beliefs himself to be... what?
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

Igor15

Post by Igor15 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:47 pm

hanss wrote: I am not existence itself. There is no such "higher Self" or true identity. No real you or false you. Everything just is. A dynamic just is. The clock is ticking on the kitchen wall, the full moon is dissolving into Kattegatt, energy is buzzing and flowing and some birds are eating stuff from the trees. Existence is. Experience is. I will analyze and think more about it later though :D
Exactly!
Thinking that anybody let him be enlightenment being is that everything means to be crazy.
Everything just is.

"I am that everything" is just a false assumption.

heidi

Post by heidi » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:59 pm

I have decided to lock this thread because anything that needed to be said has been said ad nauseum and has become so circular that further discussion is useless. Those who wish to continue to beat the non-existent horse further to death can do so on some other forum.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave