Suggestion

Suggestion

Postby Narz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:12 am

I have a similar forum to this one (phpBB format) and also had problems with spammers. One idea that worked for me was to set the options so I had to personally approve of all new accounts.

It was frustrating it had to come to that but I made an announcement that all new members had to be approved first and usually it's possible to tell who's a spammer and who's not by name alone.
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)
Narz

Postby phil » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:38 am

Another idea, perhaps already investigated.

If the spammers are mostly coming from one IP address, that IP can be blocked, and the spammers will no longer be able to reach the forum.

But before we do that, I do wish someone would tell us whether Tolle has ever had sex with Britney Spears. Isn't this an important point we've neglected to investigate??? :-)
phil

Postby Narz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:43 am

phil wrote:Another idea, perhaps already investigated.

If the spammers are mostly coming from one IP address, that IP can be blocked, and the spammers will no longer be able to reach the forum.

I've tried that on mine but they just keep coming and coming.

phil wrote:But before we do that, I do wish someone would tell us whether Tolle has ever had sex with Britney Spears. Isn't this an important point we've neglected to investigate??? :-)

It's possible. Britney evidently has become a Buddhist nun so maybe ol' Tolle had an impact on her.

“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)
Narz

Postby erict » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:45 pm

I plan to learn PHP and implement a custom modification to the registration forms.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to News and Announcements