Content Quality Evaluation :)

Content Quality Evaluation :)

Postby erict » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:07 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if each member had the option of rating the quality of the content of each thread? And then use that information to seperate the good stuff from the filler and junk.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby aanwezigheid » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Great idea :)! I too have sometimes difficulties in finding the real good stuff underneath the other less relevant stuff...

Especially personal experiences are very valuable I think. Just like the questions that people have about the teachings...
aanwezigheid

Postby eseward » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:43 pm

Many sites I see provide the ability to rate a post: Did you find this helpful? Then some scale from very helpful to not at all, etc.
eseward

Postby Blenderhead » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:50 am

I don't believe this is a good idea for some reason. I don't like being judged in an Eckhart Tolle forum and have the people here rate my posts. But if someone writes a briliant post and many people like it, perhaps then it should be kept. But no rating system is necesarry.

I like your idea of creating a thread, Erict, where we organise valueable posts under certain topics. Since this is an Eckhart Tolle forum we can divide them into the keywords that Eckhart has in his writings, like "surrender" and "the ego" and "identification with thought" etc. :)

Maybe it will work, so far the "short pointers" thread works for me, I hate reading long posts, so I sometimes miss the gems between the junk :wink:
Blenderhead

Return to News and Announcements