A Story...

A Story...

Postby erict » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:57 am

Let me tell you a little story. It is the story of how this forum came to be. Once upon a time there was an Eckhart Tolle MSN discussion group. I became a member and visited it for a short while, there I met Heidi, when I asked her to link to my Eckhart Tolle Fan Site. Then one day she emailed me asking what's up, she can't log on. She has been banned, for too much political discussion, if I am not mistaken. Then came the idea of starting a forum together. And so this forum was born. She was upset I suppose for the injustice of being banned. But I just bet she feels differently about it now, having been on the other side. If they did not want political discussions, that was absolutely their right. There is no justice or fairness in these things.

Although anyone can join at this point, this is not a free, public forum. It is a private community and if we feel that someone doesn't belong, for whatever reasons, we will ban. As I have said before, the rules here exist for a reason, and if you feel they don't make sense, than just go elsewhere.

Now I will save AnEternalNow a lot of PMing and post this here:
A few of the members from this forum, who felt a strong need for prolific posting about a lot of different and unrelated to Eckhart Tolle subjects created their own forum, because Heidi and me wanted this place to be more focused on Eckhart Tolle and Enlightenment.

So if you have read the rules and you do not agree with them, I'm sure Phil and Claudia will be very happy to have you at http://now-for-you.com where supposedly there are no rules and anything and everything goes.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby spatialbean » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:06 am

Thanks Eric!

Yep, any and all are welcome, come on over!
spatialbean

Postby Tin Soul » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:20 am

I just sent this to someone, in regards to...

It's OK.

Right NOW, it's OK.

However it plays out in the future, however the pieces all fit to make up the jigsaw puzzle of that future NOW moment, it's OK.

We won't get to a place where the pieces just won't fit.

Perhaps there are some people on both sides of this 'issue' that are learning the lessons that they need to learn, but if so, that is none of my business. Their life lessons are between them and God.

And in the final analysis, 100 years from now even the worms who dined on our dead flesh will themselves be dead. Who's gonna care?

See-- this conflict, the rules, and this discussion are such little things.

So, it's OK.
No me.
Tin Soul

Postby spatialbean » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:50 am

For the record, I heard what was going on here and heard how unhappy the forum members were and even before I checked things out for myself got wind of folks being banned for various things.

I'm the one who asked AnEternalNow to invite folks over to our forum. I'm wasn't scared of being banned, obviously, because I haven't posted here in eons, but I was scared of Eric's anger. Obviously I was not present. Had I been, I would know there is no need to hide and no need to fear anyone's anger, and I would have extended an open invitation as Eric has, if he had allowed me.

So, now it's all out in the open, and I apologize if I contributed to any turmoil over here and I respectfully ask that you consider reinstating EternalNow as he did enjoy participating in the forum.

Ahhhh...another learning experience.

Claudia
spatialbean

Postby erict » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:48 am

So here I am again, doing what I wanted to avoid. Dealing with this drama and nonesense. Cruel awful Eric banning people and harrasing the poor innocent members.

Why does it have to be so complicated when everything is in fact so simple. There is a forum, and the forum has rules. Either you're going to accept them and abide by them or not. Why make a big fuss? You don't like it that we wish to have organized, clean content? Ok, no problem. Leave and go to a forum where you are not asked to follow the most basic rules of the English language and other such unreasonable things. Why start arguing with me and wasting time, space and energy?

And do I really need to make a list of 1,000,000 rules for every little stupid thing that members shouldn't do. Like I said, use your common sense and everything would be fine. Do I really need to go and add another rule asking not to be disrespectful to the moderators and admins? Is it such a terrible crime that I don't wish to keep members who are provokative and disrespectful toward what we're doing? And just for the record... In over 2 years that this forum exists, 4 or maybe 5 people have been banned.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby mccpcorn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:09 pm

All are welcome... as long as you belong. ;)
mccpcorn

A Story

Postby NoordZee » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:50 am

Hi Eric,

It does not matter what you try to do and how genuine you may be in doing it. There are always people who feel like criticising the efforts of others. That is so easy to do! However, when people criticise you, they are indeed identified with their minds.:)

As you know, I am a newcomer here. So far, I enjoy the candid discussions, which only rarely if ever descend into spiteful innuendo. Please keep this forum going in its present form and be not discouraged by negative experiences. This forum has a specific purpose. It is dedicated to Eckhart Tolle's teachings. If certain people do not like this forum, because of its rules, I suggest that they should not feel obliged to stay as a member. Forums without rules usually descend into something mediocre and unacceptable. I have seen this happening on a number of chess sites!

For what it is worth, you have my support and I am sure also from the many forum members who are here only for one purpose and that is to learn and explore Eckhart Tolle's teachings in a congenial and safe setting.

Regards
Frits
"Veritas vos liberabit"
NoordZee

Return to News and Announcements