CHAT ROOM!

Re: CHAT ROOM!

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:04 am

Eric wrote:So what do you guys think about the room and this form of interaction?

It moves too fast for my taste. My dialogs quickly begin moving toward mind based responses. In normal conversation, there are no keys to punch nor punctuation to consider, so I'm not so inclined to fall out of presence. It's the same with dialogs on the forum. I'm not rushed to make short one sentence responses. Writing from a relaxed presence is more natural.

I think it is beneficial for some who have a more symbionic relationship with their keyboard and are able to stay on topic. It's good to have something for everyone.
Webwanderer

Postby BrahmanEternal » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:41 am

I think its getting out of hand, not very serious but its ok maybe we can make more rooms like here on forum so people can choose a room that fits them best and it wouldnt look like a salad of sentences anymore lol, we need some adminds for chat.
Also, people are making puppet nicknames of known forum members like kiki, kiki1, ww, so this wont work, you should make a registration of names that match those on the board.
Free of need to be Free.
BrahmanEternal

Postby Sighclone » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 am

erict wrote:So what do you guys think about the room and this form of interaction?

I think it is a nice feature, but ultimately the stuff which I see as typical topics here requires some reflection/contemplation before replying, so for this forum chatting (where a phrase is pretty much lost after a few seconds)it is probably not the most useful tool...not consistent with ET's style either in that he prefers pauses and so forth.

It might be a fun social area, however.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby erict » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:41 pm

A chat room offers a different type of interaction. I do not doubt that a forum has unique advantages, but so does a live chat room.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby kiki » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:45 pm

At the level of just letting interaction flow spontaneously it is kind of fun, but it quickly loses effectiveness when two or more subjects are being discussed simultaneously, especially when one topic is awakening and the others aren't. I also don't really want to spend time monitoring it, especially when something happens like it did last night. All the confusion, multiple people talking to me privately - it's just too much for my uni-task brain. I don't want to be tied any more to the computer than I have to be.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Intel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:44 am

Hi,

When I click on the chat link, it shows the first page and say\\\'s \\\"Chat loading please wait\\\" but it never actually loads up. Would someone help me with this please? Do I need to change my internet settings or something?
I would lick your feet, but is that the sickest move?
Intel

Postby Onceler » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:45 am

Not my cup of darjeeling.
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Postby Shion » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:59 am

Not my cup of ceylon neither.
That's because a chat doesn't fit my slow, tangled brain.
Much speaking can be counterproductive on watching the mind to see clear, but can be good for some unconditioned people though.
Shion

Postby BrahmanEternal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:51 am

I agree here, there are more fun things to do then chat, better meet with some friends.
Free of need to be Free.
BrahmanEternal

don't let chat room die

Postby Awareness » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:02 pm

you can even just idle there , costs nothing
and i promise you that by the will of god and Eric it will get better :P
Awareness

Postby erict » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:42 pm

It appears that the room needs some moderators, any volunteers?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby erict » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:36 am

With the help of Dim, I've finally found a way to move to IRC, with a good web-based interface for those who are new to IRC.

server - irc.mibbit.com
channel - #eckhart_tolle

or:

http://www.inner-growth.info/chat/
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

opera browser

Postby Awareness » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:22 am

http://www.opera.com/download/
beyond the fact that is the fastest , more secure browser and everything...
it has embeded a simple irc client that can connect in our room
by clicking this :
irc://irc.mibbit.com/eckhart_tolle
Awareness

Pain Bodies in the Chat Room

Postby nick » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 am

Here's a thought: someone creates a place (Tolle chat room) for people to discuss this wonderful book on 'awakening to your life's purpose' and it becomes a forum for EGO & PAINBODIES to rival and taunt and seduce eachother...... Hmmmmmm.
nick

Re: Pain Bodies in the Chat Room

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:07 pm

I think it's kind of like the school playground at recess.
Webwanderer

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements