Eckhart Tolle TV - A short review

Eckhart Tolle TV - A short review

Postby Grautgramsen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:03 pm

There hasn't been much mention on this message board about Eckhart Tolle TV, so I thought I might write a (very) short review of it. ETTV works like an online magazine in a way, in that you subscribe for a certain length of time, and you have access to the full content during that time. What you get for your money each month is one main, longish talk, several shorter question and answer bits, a live real-time meditation with ET, and an installment from Kim Eng. This has been the pattern for the first two months and this format will probably stay much the same.

The talks and Q&A segments are very good as always with ET, but not substantially different in content from what's already available on numerous video/audio recordings. There's a very intimate feel to them, though, because they were recorded in front of a very small audience of probably not more than about 30 people present, so in that respect they are quite special. Most of the questions from the audience are asked in person, which is not what you'd expect at Eckhart's public appearances.

Kim Eng's contributions so far have been a body work session ("shaking practice") and a very interesting, honest and quite revealing talk by her about her relationship with Eckhart and the challenges and problems they've worked through over the years.

The live meditation is the most unique feature of ETTV, and if last month's event is anything to go by, is the best part of ETTV by far. It was a really special experience, and not unlike being with Eckhart in person.

In addition to the above subscribers get the opportunity to post messages on a forum, much like this one, and also keep their own journal (which nobody else has access to of course).

The question of whether the price of admission is reasonable or "worth it" is one that everyone has to answer for themselves, and the only way to really find out is to step up to the counter and shell out the bucks. I don't know if it's of any interest, but for me the content is worth the money I've paid to access it. For others it might be a different story, who knows....
Grautgramsen

Re: Eckhart Tolle TV - A short review

Postby kiki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks for the review.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby jackh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Thanks for the review, that sounds pretty nice. Do they record the live events for you to watch later, in case you miss them or sign up after they already happened?

It sounds like this month's meditation hasn't happened yet, have there been any events this month? I'm considering it, seems great.
jackh

Postby Onceler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Sounds better than the TV I've seen lately.

Thanks,
"When the fear is gone, the mind becomes much quieter, much less full of things. Thoughts become like a gentle rain rather than a thunderstorm." John Sherman
Onceler

Postby Grautgramsen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:11 pm

jackh wrote:Thanks for the review, that sounds pretty nice. Do they record the live events for you to watch later, in case you miss them or sign up after they already happened?

It sounds like this month's meditation hasn't happened yet, have there been any events this month? I'm considering it, seems great.

Next live meditation is on Sunday this week, at 9 pm GMT (probably 1 pm PST). If you miss the live meditation, the video recording of it is put on the website the day after.

Onceler wrote:Sounds better than the TV I've seen lately.

Thanks,

It is. Although, how would I know? I've lost interest in TV and don't really know what's happening in that universe anymore......so I'm just assuming that you are right.......
Grautgramsen

Return to News and Announcements