Free Live Meditation Broadcast on June 26

Free Live Meditation Broadcast on June 26

Postby conscious » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Dear Friends,

In celebration of reaching more than 400,000 fans on Eckhart Tolle's Facebook Fanpage we've decided to open up the next EckhartTolleTV.com Live Meditation to our community for Free.

On June 26 at 1PM Pacific Time (4PM Eastern Time), Eckhart will lead people from over 130 countries around the world in a live online meditation broadcast. We invite you to experience this powerful process and collective energy with us.

Please follow this link to our website in order to secure your space with your email address:
http://www.eckharttolletv.com/free-meditation

If you are a Facebook member but haven't yet seen our page, you can view it here:
https://www.facebook.com/Eckharttolle
conscious

Re: Free Live Meditation Broadcast on June 26

Postby conscious » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:20 am

Broadcast Starts in 0 days 13 hours 39 mins 47 sec
conscious

Postby hanss » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:56 am

Oh, thank you for the reminder. If I get the time right it is only one hour left now (morning here). As we are all one consciusness I will meet you there. Whereever "there" is :)

Edit: No, I did not get the time right...
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Postby runstrails » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Hanns,
I think 4PM eastern is midnight on Sunday (June 26th) Swedish time. If you are able to stay awake and participate, let us know how it went.
runstrails

Postby snowheight » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Thank you Eckhart.

The broadcast was as much a teaching as anything else -- ET presenting pointers in his unique fashion.

I didn't join the broadcast until about 20 minutes in as connecting to the site turned out to be an opportunity to observe and let frustration dissolve. Once it became clear the bandwidth was clogged I just started sitting in awareness waiting for the stream to begin if it would begin.

When it started he was speaking of "You Are"/"I Am" and how if we remain rooted in this basic recognition of our true nature rather than getting swept away in thought we will find peaceful fulfillment in life through this rather than seeking it in futility from people places or things.

There were lots and lots of really funny moments such as when he mimicked the expressions of those lost in the race of one thing after another ... even as he explained how when we live in awareness ("You don't have to limit yourself to just ONCE ... it's fine to say 'oh yes! ten years ago I had this AMAZING experience' ..." ... [distinctive et chuckle]) we live simultaneously in two planes, that of form and that of awareness.

He spoke the Sanskrit phrase for this recognition and I'd like to think that I caught a wry nod of his head to Ananda in this :lol:. He also admonished, as harshly as ET speaking from presence will manifest, those of us who speak and write of spiritual matters from a non-peaceful perspective, adding that when this is done it is part of the problem and not the solution.

He did not seem in the best of health, but that only mattered in that it evoked a feeling of poignant compassion for the man. The clarity of his message did not track his obvious physical suffering -- the message was as loud and clear as ever.

I watched it with Sue and the level of love and compassion that was obviously felt here and around the world is rather stunning to contemplate and very inspirational.

Thank you Eckhart Tolle.

Namaste
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby kiki » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:49 pm

I registered for the event when the link was first posted here, but I was unable to log into the broadcast. I mowed the lawn instead. So, was there an actual guided meditation, or just a discourse in his usual style?
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:32 am

Curious. I got sidetracked and forgot all about it. What did I end up doing???? Mowing the lawn. :shock:

WW
Webwanderer

Postby snowheight » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:41 am

kiki wrote:I registered for the event when the link was first posted here, but I was unable to log into the broadcast. I mowed the lawn instead. So, was there an actual guided meditation, or just a discourse in his usual style?

Of the last about 40% of it which I caught it was a talk by Tolle very similar to the clips you see on youtube. He did have a moment of silence at the end, and the presentation was in such a fashion as to encourage contemplation, but he wasn't walking the audience through a series of systematic steps of any sort. I've never been through a guided meditation so I can't say for certain but it wasn't at all what I expected.

Webwanderer wrote:Curious. I got sidetracked and forgot all about it. What did I end up doing???? Mowing the lawn. :shock:

WW

I did look out at my lawn as I waited for it to load and was settling into no-mind. :lol:

One of the peak moments of the talk was when he guided the audience toward adopting interactions with other people that are not based on either fear or desire -- when you interact through Presence you do not view another as a threat or expect anything out of the interaction.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby hanss » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:31 am

I must say that I don't think it was one of his better performances. This was far from the audio version of "Stillness speaks" or his usual brilliance imo. Jumping from one subject to another. And I got the feeling that he lost "connection to the source" a couple of times. But I liked the idea and felt great prescence. And maybe that is the important thing.
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Postby nutrition » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:50 pm

hanss wrote:I must say that I don't think it was one of his better performances. This was far from the audio version of "Stillness speaks" or his usual brilliance imo. Jumping from one subject to another. And I got the feeling that he lost "connection to the source" a couple of times. But I liked the idea and felt great prescence. And maybe that is the important thing.

I followed it from the beginning but I agree, I felt a lot more presence in him in other video occasions than in this one. Also his words were not fresh as they usually are, I heard what he said many times before but each time if felt new..not this time.
However I agree, I still felt great presence and maybe that is the important thing.
N
nutrition

Eckhart Tolle Live Meditation Replay

Postby conscious » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Great News for who missed the program.. Their NEWSLETTER..

Dear Friends,

For those who missed part or all of Eckhart's June 26 Live Meditation Broadcast, were unable to login due to our server capacity issues or would like to see it again, we've decided to make it available to view for the next 7 days at http://www.eckharttolletv.com/free-meditation/vod/

We hope you enjoy it!

The Eckhart Teachings Team :-)
conscious

Postby Ralph » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:25 pm

I just watched the broadcast and felt a complete oneness with it and yes, I absolutely enjoyed it.

Thank you conscious and the Eckhart team for the great work that you do.
Ralph

Postby runstrails » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 am

I agree with Ralph. Highly recommended. Its only around for a week so remind yourself to watch soon. I split up watching it in 3 sessions and that worked well for me. Great presence all throughout. Also, ET looked physically fine to me (perhaps he has a little cold?). Thanks conscious for bringing it to our attention.
runstrails

Return to News and Announcements