Falling in love with yourself

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Falling in love with yourself

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Someone posted this on face book yesterday and thought I'd share it here as it really touched me.

Enjoy:

http://scienceandnonduality.com/?post_type=post&p=6973
Enlightened2B

Re: Falling in love with yourself

Postby painBody » Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 pm

I can't believe that no one else has replied, in more than a year of this post being broadcast.

I liked the article a lot, and while I don't agree with the concept of "loving yourself", the essence of the article is spot on. What the article calls "loving yourself", I would call "having compassion for yourself", "knowing yourself", and "being yourself".

I have never been fond of the "loving yourself" notion, not least because of how much that notion is misinterpreted/misunderstood as "being an arrogant a$$#013". I never quite understood how it is possible to have a relationship with the self. My therapists would tell me that, and I'd just have this blank stare as if to ask, "What ?????!!!" Also, the "love yourself" notion is part of a polarity that includes "hate yourself", which suggests that it is a product of the ego, as there are no polarities in the formless realm.

However, when you *know* and *be* yourself, so much life energy is then available to the important pursuits. It is deeply sad to see how much energy people waste on appearances, because they are blinded by their conditioning.

Thanks for sharing !
God, grant me the humility to accept the things I cannot understand, the creativity to utilize the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
painBody

Return to Recommended Links