The best explanation of free will ever

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: The best explanation of free will ever

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:05 pm

What does "the capacity for doing" with[in] a unique perspective mean? Any examples of what that would look like?

Let's start with the first question: Is there a Real Doer? In other words is the universe, and life as experienced, the result of an intelligent cause? If it's even a possibility, then we can go to the next question. If not, the next question is irrelevant.

So, if yes it is possible, or even likely that there is an intelligent cause in the creation of experience, then is it not also possible that an Intelligence so vast and powerful as to create an experiential universe could also choose to perceive it from multiple unique perspectives - sort of like 2, or 2 billion, people looking at the same conditions from slightly different angles, and backgrounds, and belief structures?

And from within those perspectives, could the Source of all creation also maintain a measure of choice from those perspectives as to how to interact with life's conditions and experiences? Could it not be that these perspectives, unique (but not separate) from each other, could be the extensions of Self that we know as self, and are the mechanisms of conscious evolution and the expansion of being?

Life originates and unfolds in some manor. This is just my take until I can imagine some greater perspective that makes better sense to this limited mind. It may be that I've just had a lot of spare time on my hands from which to ponder possibilities. Anyway, it's a workable World view that brings together all that I've 'learned' in life to this point.

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: The best explanation of free will ever

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
Life originates and unfolds in some manor.

WW


So it seems.

Whatever the Truth is, It appears hidden and revealed of It's Own accord.

Grace is a word that comes to mind.

Here is another "world view" for your consideration.

God Likes To Play Hide and Seek
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
User avatar
Rick
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Re: The best explanation of free will ever

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Rick wrote:Whatever the Truth is, It appears hidden and revealed of It's Own accord.

Maybe not so fickle as this suggests. Could be there's a road map of sorts available to all if one could recognize its existence - possibly closer than breath. Some suggest it's hidden in the heart and is only known by how it feels. What say you?

Here is another "world view" for your consideration.

No doubt that Alan and I could work through any minor perception differences in short fashion. A couple of cold beers ought to open things up. Want in?

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6279
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: The best explanation of free will ever

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
Rick wrote:Whatever the Truth is, It appears hidden and revealed of It's Own accord.

Maybe not so fickle as this suggests. Could be there's a road map of sorts available to all if one could recognize its existence - possibly closer than breath. Some suggest it's hidden in the heart and is only known by how it feels. What say you? WW


Indeed, It is closer than breath. I AM sure.

Webwanderer wrote:
Here is another "world view" for your consideration.

No doubt that Alan and I could work through any minor perception differences in short fashion. A couple of cold beers ought to open things up. Want in?

WW


Any time.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
User avatar
Rick
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Previous

Return to Recommended Links

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest