An artist promoting awakening?!

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

An artist promoting awakening?!

Postby Primetroid » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 am

Here's the link: How do you link it properly?

[url][/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqVKdO1jov0[url][/url]

Hi everyone. I know that this might seem like spam, firs of all because this is my very first post. But, I'd like to say that I've been
lurking these forums for as long as I can remember, so I hope you'll understand.

Some days ago, I came across an artist named Fabe. He is relatively unknown and has had a short career (can't remember when exactly he started rapping, but It wasn't all to early). I think he deserves some attention, especially for his poetic lyrics.

Before I keep going, I just want to mention that
he specifically has Awakening/Enlightenment as a theme in this song, he even consciously mentions Eckhart Tolle, as one of his inspirations (don't get turn off by the way he says it; "Tolle Shit" = Tolle Stuff)

I messaged him on youtube about one of his new tracks, "The Beautiful Space (Awakening)" and asked him what inspired him to write
such a wonderful, and lyrical song. (As most of us know, hip hop nowadays is pretty much, pardon my french, crap. But this artist, Fabe
is truly bringing some fresh lyrics to the table).

It took some time to get a response from him, but when I finally received a reply,
he said that he had been in the process of awakening for a year now, and that these lyrics suddenly popped up from nowhere.
After I told him that I too know of Eckhart and awakening,
he continued telling me that he, especially after the awakening (either a glimpse or a full, I can't say), he had a drive to awaken people through his music, specifically through raps like these. (Ever noticed "Notice Silence" in a rap? That is definitely an attempt)

I want you to check this kid out, he's definitely worth your time.

Just to give a phrase of his work:

"Anonymous Thought, it means none, no known faces. I walk street embracing facts of time in my space, it's all neutral. You can take your time right now, deny thoughts. Every hour you live can be fruitful". After that, he kind of doubts the awakening, before he booms into the positive sides of it.

Explicit Advisory (although it's not that much). I guess everyone has their own means to convey the message. Regardless of how one does it and what form it takes, it's universal.

It's really fascinating how even the youth is turning to urban art forms to try to awaken people. I am sure and hope, especially in this forum, that there will be no hate.

Troid!
Primetroid

Re: An artist promoting awakening?!

Postby kiki » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:06 am

I'm not a fan of the rap genre, but I like the message. It's nice to see some young folk catching on to what awakening is because it's not just for the geezers like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqVKdO1jov0

By the way, welcome to the board. I'd be interested in reading about your own experiences with Tolle and awakening.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby the key master » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:26 am

thanks for the heads up. i liked this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkPhu_fs ... ure=relmfu
the key master

Postby Primetroid » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:36 pm

kiki wrote:I'm not a fan of the rap genre, but I like the message. It's nice to see some young folk catching on to what awakening is because it's not just for the geezers like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqVKdO1jov0

By the way, welcome to the board. I'd be interested in reading about your own experiences with Tolle and awakening.

kiki

Yes, exactly what I thought. Even though "awakening" is the same universal source, the way the "universe" wants to convey that message is remarkable. Guru's and spiritual leaders might be the best and fastest triggers for awakenings, but I think that music or other art forms might be able to trigger
the curiosity to perhaps check out people like Mr. Tolle.

Haha, I felt a little young too kiki, when I heard that, so you're in good company!

Thanks! I'll definitely share my experience of Awakening. I've been on and off for about a year now, with a splendid discovery, a period of confusion, and now with what I think is a settlement. But I think I'll make a whole thread about it, I just need to find time.

Troid
Primetroid

Postby Primetroid » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:42 pm

the key master wrote:thanks for the heads up. i liked this one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkPhu_fs ... ure=relmfu

Key master: no problem. That one is his most popular I guess (from what I've seen on youtube).

Nice to see some real talent getting, as opposed to the dumbed down radio music (even though it probably has it's place too) recognition, even if it's by two people.
Primetroid

Return to Recommended Links