Fabric of the Cosmos

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Fabric of the Cosmos

Postby runstrails » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:45 am

In my opinion, this is a must-see show for those interested in the nature of reality. Its a 4 part series by physicist Brian Greene on the Nova program on PBS. The first part explores how space is anything but 'empty'. The second part brilliantly uncovers the illusion of time and speculates on a holographic universe. The third part cogently depicts the mysteries of quantum physics (double slit, entanglement) and the final part is a stunning episode on multiverses. Its all very accessible to the layperson (my 9 year old daughter enjoyed it immensely). The graphics and the explanations are beautifully conceived and depicted.
Best of all you can see all 4 episodes for free on PBS: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/fa ... osmos.html
runstrails

Re: Fabric of the Cosmos

Postby kiki » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 am

I agree - it's a great program. Brian Greene explains things so well.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Re: Fabric of the Cosmos

Postby the key master » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I love brian greene also. I bought the fabric (the book version) back in 2003 or 4 after being blown away by one of brian's lectures that I happened to catch on tv which may or may not have been about the soon to be or just been released book version. An incredibly brilliant thinker but also a down to earth simple dude.
the key master

Return to Recommended Links