Beyond Thought (Awareness Itself)

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Beyond Thought (Awareness Itself)

Postby kiki » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:23 am

Here's a very good film on youtube - it's about 1 1/2 hours long, but well worth the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcOvPtY ... ure=b-vrec
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Re: Beyond Thought (Awareness Itself)

Postby runstrails » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:47 pm

I really enjoyed this, Kiki. Thanks. The last half hour was my favorite. I liked that he had regular people as opposed to too many gurus. Very refreshing :D.
runstrails

Postby Rick » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Aware of Awareness...

I enjoyed this video very much.

My wife, a young psychiatrist who watched as well, asked me what does "aware of awareness" mean? I asked her to hold out her hand and then asked "are you aware of your hand?" She said "yes". I asked "Are you aware that you are aware of your hand?". She screwed up her face as if in pain and said it hurt her brain trying to grasp the question, like several in the video who tried to mentally get their hands around the question whose answer can not be mentally grasped...but only experienced as a Living Reality.

Thanks for posting this Kiki.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
Rick

Postby rachMiel » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Rick wrote:Aware of Awareness...

I enjoyed this video very much.

My wife, a young psychiatrist who watched as well, asked me what does "aware of awareness" mean? I asked her to hold out her hand and then asked "are you aware of your hand?" She said "yes". I asked "Are you aware that you are aware of your hand?". She screwed up her face as if in pain and said it hurt her brain trying to grasp the question, like several in the video who tried to mentally get their hands around the question whose answer can not be mentally grasped...but only experienced as a Living Reality.

Thanks for posting this Kiki.

Getting "awareness of awareness" was HUGE for me. (That's assuming, of course, that I *did* get it.) It had always sounded so esoteric and unnecessarily complex. But then, when it hit, I was like: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... that's massively cool ... and extraordinarily simple (once you get the hang of it).

For me, being aware of being aware makes things clearer and way more alive-feeling.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Return to Recommended Links