Amit Goswami - Quantum Physics & Consciousness

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Amit Goswami - Quantum Physics & Consciousness

Postby kiki » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:42 am

"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Re: Amit Goswami - Quantum Physics & Consciousness

Postby rachMiel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:16 am

Nice. :-)

SPOILER ALERT!!!
SPOILER ALERT!!!
SPOILER ALERT!!!

I love the ending: "It is both the movement of the individual *and* the movement of the whole. It cannot be otherwise." He took the words right out of me mouth! :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby arel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:09 pm

He is a great find. Gave me a reassuring answer to the well known question "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to observe it, did it happen?" :)
What I say is only my viewpoint.
arel

Postby rideforever » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 pm

So ... the conclusion of Western Science, the conclusion of all the experiments, faculties, research projects, engineering projects, particle accelerators, governing bodies, degrees textbooks and pHDs is ... wait for it ... wait for it ... the conclusion is :

DO YOGA

Wow ... the Upanishads came to this conclusion 50,000 years ago. Are we supposed to celebrate when the hard of hearing finally gets the message ?

Hmmm ...
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:41 am

There is no conclusion rideforever - there is only potential(s) collapsed/ing in 'individual' direct experience.
A different potential 'separate' view could have a totally different collapsing experience and one would be able to chalk that up on the board too and create the mathematical formulas / philosophies / practices in programming to support it.

Meditation is one form of 'gaining the' wisdom (knowing through direct experience), may not be the same for all individuation experiences of meditation
(I will get muddled up in the tangled stuff here if I try to 'label' subject/object cos the chicken and the egg are one)

Nor all experiences of the wisdom of it. As he said the holy spirit experience is the same same as the meditative experiences -what one labels any of those subject/object potentials to be in the tangled 'stuff'.

Although interestingly it kind of says the same as Einstein did - 'all things are energy in motion - this is physics, not philosophy.' I'd suggest they too can (potentials) be the chicken and the egg simultaneously, in which case there is still no 'conclusion'.

And in terms of the 'not material' I create my own reality ... maybe that has to be understood in the state he speaks of, in the unmanifest - however one experiences that. I agree with him on that - it's not about material 'stuff' the 'stuff' becomes unimportant, so (I would suggest) do many people who all collapsed different potentials to experience that same state either based on their wisdom of experiences or through their conditioning.

I don't know his 'conditioning' is it likely that meditation or reaching this state through meditation is part of his experiential wisdom?

OOOH, I looovvve his 'dance of the ego and quantum self both' playing awarely a participant in the whole of consciousness movement.

Thanks for sharing Kiki... Can I 'rest' now... has science truly caught up? Are we going to filter this through into our societies?... can we? Will we choose to?

.. are we there yet?...

child in the back seat)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby rideforever » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:48 pm

You know SJ the thing I find missing from your post is worship.

There is talk about it's not that and this is not right, and it's like this. But where is the worship ?

God is Great ! - Allah Al Akbar !

Goswami realises that it's time to meditate. And in fact his reasoning is just based on analysis of subject-object relationships ... and you don't need quantum physics for that.

But just realising it's time to meditate ... is not meditation.

Where is :

L O V E C O N Q U E R S A L L

Where is :

Holy-Affirming
Holy-Denying
Holy-Reconciling
Transubstantiate in me
For my Being

Where is :

Dear God,
Deliver me to my passion.
Deliver me to my brilliance.
Deliver me to my intelligence.
Deliver me to my depth.
Deliver me to my nobility.
Deliver me to my beauty.
Deliver me to my power to heal.
Deliver me to You.
Last edited by rideforever on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rideforever

Postby rideforever » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Ooooooh .... that's the time, feel like makin' love to you ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzo35edO74A
rideforever

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Rideforever said: You know SJ the thing I find missing from your post is worship...

Where is :

L O V E C O N Q U E R S A L L

Where is :

Holy-Affirming
Holy-Denying
Holy-Reconciling
Transubstantiate in me
For my Being

Where is :

Dear God,
Deliver me to my passion.
Deliver me to my brilliance.
Deliver me to my intelligence.
Deliver me to my depth.
Deliver me to my nobility.
Deliver me to my beauty.
Deliver me to my power to heal.
Deliver me to You.

Dear Rideforever, worship is not in words and in its pure form there is no opposite, my worship is in BEING and in being all things are one - what then would one worship?

In being there is no deliverance, no need to be delivered. We already are/am/is eternal without separation.
Grace and graceless are one. Gratitude and generosity are one. Giving and receiving are one. Seeking and finding are one.

When one is knowingly, lovingly, acceptingly, rejoicingly in the equilibrium of
Calm passion - passionate calm
Dark brilliance - brilliant dark
Naive intelligence - intelligent naivete
Wide depth - deep width
Ignoble nobility - noble ignobility
Ugly beauty - beautifully ugly

... there is nothing to heal, there is no separate You to deliver or to deliver to.

One's being is one's worship - in every sigh, tear, laugh, hug, resistance, ppfftt, smile, dream, acknowledging, experience, adventure, sharing, word, blessing, cursing, molecule ---

Ooooooh .... that's the time, feel like makin' love to you ....

:D

....walking in the park, watching winter turn to spring...
--- all is love, all is worship in the noticing / being in this moment with full acceptance / gratitude
- that feeling that seeks nothing, gives nothing, takes nothing, just IS

... watching lovers do their thing
... holding hands by candle light
.... any expression of love is shared eternally
The knower knows.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Matt123 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:43 am

Can anyone suggest a good book or material on Quantum Physics with a view on Advaita? Novice level only :D
Matt123

Return to Recommended Links