Teahouse Fox

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Teahouse Fox

Postby treasuretheday » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:58 pm

I have an interesting homepage on my monitor from Google called the Teahouse Fox theme. I am not affiliated with Google in any way,
I just want to let others know about this delightful opportunity for inspiration that I enjoy everyday.

The Teahouse fox is a wonderful example of living in the present moment.
The fox lives in a Japanese teahouse, surrounded by nature-orange trees, flowers, a pond,
and a variety of creatures with whom he interacts.

Every so often the image on the screen changes, as we see the fox engaged in "mundane chores" such as laundry, sweeping, cooking, and scaling a ladder to light the teahouse lanterns. As Eckhart would appreciate, it is evident that the fox brings a certain "quality of attention" to whatever he is doing. He is not trying to get the housework "out of the way" so he can arrive at some more important future moment. Instead, he brings intense joy to these simple labors; he is fully present as he engages in each task. We who observe him are deeply touched by that presence.

One can't help but be impressed with how the teahouse fox doesn't strive or struggle through the day, but he gets so much accomplished! He also immerses himself in creative endeavors. He entertains ducks as he plays the flute, carefully prunes a bonsai, & renders beautiful works of calligraphy. He fishes. He washes & plays with the ducks. He does Tai Chi, and he does it all with care and attention, sending ripples of positive energy & love into the universe.

Oh, the life of the teahouse fox! Such clarity. Such simplicity. Just the moment as it is.

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?url= ... ype=themes
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Re: Teahouse Fox

Postby treasuretheday » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Yikes! I just realized there is a place on the board specifically designated for Recommended Links! I should have put this there! Sorry! :roll:
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby treasuretheday » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Ah, well, might as well post this poem by Rumi I came across this morning. Seems it would be well received in the world of the Teahouse Fox.

Today, like every other day,
we wake up empty and frightened.
Don’t open the door to the study
and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel
and kiss the ground.

Rumi
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby Amritam » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 pm

I enjoy simplicity as well. I checked out the link. Thanks.
To have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.~ Tilopa
Amritam

Postby treasuretheday » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks for looking, Amritam. The fullness of this Google page theme is best appreciated when one has it for a homepage & can see the fox
going about his life around the Teahouse. In case someone is looking for a new homepage, I'd recommend trying this one out!
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Return to Recommended Links